Asus mb beeps when computer is booted up

I have the Asus P4S8X-MX board in one computer which I updated and it ran fine for awhile then it got to the place where it won't boot up, but instead beeps (1 long and 2 short) and continues to do so without any video display. I checked the power supply fan, cpu and cpu fan which seems to be working. The power led on the board is on, and the memory simm has been checked as well.
When the computer was first put together it would do this, but would run fine after turned off and back on again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just sorry I can't solve this one myself as this is the first time I have had this problem.
Sidney E. Mathious
1 long & 2 short is generally a video card problem. Shut everything down, remove the video card & reinstall. Make sure all pins line up correctly & the card seats fully. There is also the possibility it's a bad card. Switch it with another computer's if you have one available.
Mike
power supply fault....
likely bad power supply
snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com says...

Wrong group, but the long and two short "beep code" means the graphics adapter can't be initialized. It's either given up the ghost or isn't secure in its slot (common for AGP cards). Try reseating the video card.

Could be a flaky card, but try pulling it and replugging.
--
Keith

You might have better results if you ask this question in:
24hoursupport.helpdesk
Yes, that is a usenet news group.
Really good support on computer issues.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
I too, agree that it sounds like the video card, but any questions you have for Asus boards, ask here: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 11 Aug 2006 12:02:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com wrote:

You have a 400 watt power supply?
That will likely fix your problem.
see: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus