Arien Snowblower Drive Problem

I have an 1028 Ariens snow blower (model 924109). It runs fine but the drive wheels don't turn. The friction disk has plently of life left. However, I noticed that the friction plate (attached to drive shaft) and the friction disk don't come together when the handle is engaged. There doesn't appear to be a problem with the handle and I've adjusted the clutch without any effect. I'm assuming that the friction plate is designed to move toward the back of the machine to contact the friction disk. This doesn't happen when I depress the hanlde. I can move the friction plate by hand, but its really difficult. Any ideas?
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 336927 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Check the linkage to see if anything is broken or jammed. Something may just need lubrication.
On 25 Jan 2009 02:57:19 GMT, cgorman2_at_twcny_dot_rr_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (cougar67) wrote:

cougar67 wrote:

Grease it.
--