Appropriate rpm for snowblower auger?

I have an old Atlas 26" snowblower attachment that mounts on the front of a lawn tractor and is powered by the tractor. I don't know anything about it, or about snowblowers at all. It seems to be in working condition -- it is easy for me to turn the pulley on the power input shaft (pardon my probably incorrect terminology) by hand, which results in the auger and the impeller turning. I'm going to hack it on to my 15hp Craftsman tractor.
What I need to know is how many RPM should the auger turn? I realize that nobody will probably be able to tell me exactly, I have no idea what kind of range I should be aiming for. 50rpm? 100rpm? 1000rpm? 5000rpm?

For information, call 1-800-800-7310