Anyone put a variable control into a Broan Vented Stove fan?

I would be interested in knowing the success or failure of someone taking o= ut the Off-Lo-Hi switch in a Broan over the oven hood/fan to allow variable= control of the fan and hopefully lower the noise level? Will a dining roo= m light Leviton or Smith and Stone dimmer work? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Doug G

If it is already too loud on low, it will be too loud with a variable speed switch. Think of it as variable noise. I'd try the dimmer, just be sure it is rated for the motor load.

The ideal solution, of course, it to get a unit with the motor mounted on the outside wall and just a duct indoors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have one with a variable speed controller built into the hood. All was by Nutone/Broan. And, of course, slowing it down does lower the noise. BTW, my fan is actually on the roof which is probably the quietest option.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Just make sure it's for motors, and try it. Reducing noise will greatly reduce air flow. Ideally you want the fan like in the attic. That's what I will do eventually, just like my bath.

Greg

Reply to
gregz