Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

Page 4 of 4

Sounds to Me like both ideas have merit..Letting a room determine a circuit would simplify things for the user,,but,,if a problem developes with that circuit then all the outlets might be dead in there till it's fixed..Sounds kinda like 6 of one and half dozen of another..An Electrician may well have the last/best say on it tho.. Dean
Yeah, I agree with you. Though wouldn't the best solution be to have two circuits per room. It would cost a bit more, especially with the price of copper now days, but theye would always be room to expand. And if you needed to work on a circuit, you still have the other circuit to provide light or operate tools.
It really comes down to how much money the customer wants to spend...unfortunately most people only care about the lowest price, not good quality.

What is it with this "room to expand" crap? If you want more receptacles on a circut, you stick them in. the only time there's a problem is if you're adding enough equipment to push the ampacity of your breakers, in which case, you probably need a dedicated circut somewhere anyway.
Unless my electrical guide book is wrong, it says that you consider each outlet as 180 watts and if I recall you are allowed to add 10-12 outlets on one 15A circuit. Every circuit in my house has around 10 outlets and 2 lights. Wouldn't that be against code if I was to add any more circuits? Thats why I keep ranting about room to expand.

Depends. Where are you?
To the best of my knowledge, the NEC imposes no such limit. Assorted city codes and/or the Canadian code might.
Whether you SHOULD add another circut when you're adding outlets depends mostly on why you're adding the outlets in the first place. If you're trying to find a place to plug in a treadmill, I think I'd add a new line. If you're just trying to move a lamp from one end of the couch to the other, why bother?
trainfan1 wrote:

So...
How's that all working out?
Rob
If I don't like the sound of a potential customer on the phone I don't call them back or I tell them I am too busy. If I go to their home to bid a job and decide I don't like them I either give them a very high estimate or never call them back.
I don't know of any business in Arizona giving a 50% discount on materials. The highest I get is 10% but typically only 5%. Most likely I could get it even cheaper someplace else but I buy there out of convenience or loyalty. We currently bill our customers $50.00 an hour and I am lucky to make $40,000 per year by the time I pay my overhead. There are rarely 8 billable hours per day, I don't get paid sick leave or vacation, in 18 years I have never been stiffed on an invoice. I have walked off a job without charging a dime because the customer was a PIA or their house was gross.
I may be totally wrong on this but by reading your post I would not likely work for you. But then we also might be best buddies????
Good luck,
cm