Any experience here with solar panels or windmills?

Page 2 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Absolutely, he lives in a 10,000 square foot piggy "house" and consumes 20 times the national average of electricity. Putting a couple solar panels on the roof doesn't mean he isn't a hypocrite.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Your information was not only wrong when it was first touted, but it's even further from the truth now.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 5, 10:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:
t> wrote:

Yes, Al Gore is a hypocrite. He's only installed his solar panels very recently and that was after a year ago, when people publicly exposed his huge energy bills in his over size mansion. He'd been living with a utility bill of $30K a year, $500 a month just to heat his swimming pool, while running around telling the rest of us we're destroying the planet.
He still lives in a huge mansion and has at least one other home as well. He regularly flies around in private jets. Yet, his His movie "An Inconvenient Truth" asks "Are you ready to change the way you live?"
If that isn't a hypocrite, I don;t know what is.
Add pictures here
βœ–
very recently and that was after a year ago, when people publicly exposed his huge energy bills in his over size mansion.
And he's been fighting the community for the right to install them all that time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I didn't see Trader4's idiotic post because I filter all googlegroup tyros and spammers. I won't see his reply to this post unless it is quoted in a reply to him by someone who uses a real usenet server.
Gore installed the solar panels over a year ago, and before that, as you said, he had a long battle with his community over being allowed to install them. It was the local right-wing loonies like Trader4 and George that prevented him from doing it a long time ago. They also don't seem to understand that his "house" is more a business location than a residence. That's why it is so big and uses more energy than trader4's doublewide.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

That doesn't sound right. Any community that has zoning regulations that require permitting for solar panels would certainly have restrictions on running a business from a home.
I think Gore is growing Marijuana in hydroponic ponds in his "home" and he wants to go off grid so the authorities don't get suspicious over his high energy requirements.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Just reporting the facts.

See, now that is an opinion, not a fact. :')
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Same standard of proof as for UFOs: "What else could it be?"
Add pictures here
βœ–

Which is to say - You don't think.
Add pictures here
βœ–
HeyBub said something like:

Jeepers. I should have crossposted this to alt.home.repair.crankybastards :) Everything I post in these parts seems steeped in gasoline and ignites from static!
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

change anything. Putting panels on a normal sized efficient house certainly would. This is algore after all who is telling us what we should all do. In fact it is no different than a drug addict lecturing us about the evils of drugs while continuing to push stuff up his nose.
Add pictures here
βœ–

His house is actually mostly used for office space, just like any other 10,000 square foot office building. I'm not talking a spare bedroom used as a home office. This office has a staff or employees. And he didn't "just put a couple of panels on the roof", nitwit. In fact, he would have covered his roof with panels sooner, but local codes prevented it. The house is also using geo-thermal, and many other measures to save energy. This work was completed well over a year ago.
Too bad you couldn't install a couple of "panels" on top of your head that would improve your meager brain power.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 6, 8:38 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

net> wrote:

Yes, they started installing it a year ago, right after he was exposed in the media as a big hypocrite. Prior to that, his energy bill was $30K a year. That;s right $30K/ a year. He had the time to make the movie Inconvenient Truth, where he asked "Are you ready to change the way you live?", but apparently no interest himself that he was using 15 times the energy of a typical home. BTW, $6K of that was for the pool. Does every office building typically have one of those too?
I'd like to see a credible reference for his house being mostly office space. Does that meet the zoning? When he got hammered early last year, I never heard any such defense offered.
Add to that the guy regularly flies around by private jet, and yes, you have one big hypocrite!

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 6, 10:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

t.net> wrote:

I'm still waiting for the reference to support the claims that:
1 - Al Gore's office TN home of 10,000 square feet is mostly office space. I can just see that. The guy builds a big house and instead of it being for him to live in, it's an office park for worker bees. I don't buy it.
2 - That Al Gore had wanted to use solar for years, but was prevented from doing it by neighbors, the community, etc. All the evidence I have seen doesn't mention any interest, permit applications, etc. He only started to get interested in doing something when he was exposed by the medai, like the below USA piece which does a pretty good job. Note that he has THREE homes, and nowhere is there any mention of "office space."
I did find plenty to support that he is an energy hog and hypocrite thought:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-08-09-gore-green_x.htm
"Public records reveal that as Gore lectures Americans on excessive consumption, he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000- square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000- square-foot home in Arlington, Va. (He also has a third home in Carthage, Tenn.) For someone rallying the planet to pursue a path of extreme personal sacrifice, Gore requires little from himself.
Then there is the troubling matter of his energy use. In the Washington, D.C., area, utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy. In Nashville, similar programs exist. Utility customers must simply pay a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour, and they can continue living their carbon-neutral lifestyles knowing that they are supporting wind energy. Plenty of businesses and institutions have signed up. Even the Bush administration is using green energy for some federal office buildings, as are thousands of area residents.
But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use green energy in either of his large residences. When contacted Wednesday, Gore's office confirmed as much but said the Gores were looking into making the switch at both homes. Talk about inconvenient truths. "
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 6, 10:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

t.net> wrote:

so what if he is a hypocrite ? That is his problem. The fact that he is correct about global warming is not changed by his personal behavior. It is still a good idea to cut back on energy use and do all the things Al Gore recommends regardless of what he does personaly. When ever one of you right wing nuts tries to talk the first thing you do is change the subject to discredit someone rather than talking about the facts of the matter. Learn some new tactics.
Add pictures here
βœ–
so what if he is a hypocrite ? That is his problem. The fact that he is correct about global warming is not changed by his personal behavior. It is still a good idea to cut back on energy use and do all the things Al Gore recommends regardless of what he does personaly. When ever one of you right wing nuts tries to talk the first thing you do is change the subject to discredit someone rather than talking about the facts of the matter. Learn some new tactics.
****************************************************88
Thank would mean dealing with reality. No Thanks.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, here's why being a hypocrite in this instance is a problem: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/06/04/gore-invests-carbon-credit-company-will-media-care
Add pictures here
βœ–

The only thing I get from that extremist artical is the fact that Al Gore put his money where his mouth is. He knows it is true and he believes it is a good investment and he trys to promote it. Not Hypocricy as I define it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Al Gore has a MAJOR Interest in a Carbon Trading Company... He can buy the credits he needs to stay neutral... SO if enough people cut back or use a different more green wayof living and sell there excess credit to the company then HE CAN MAKE MONEY ON THE TRADE and live like a hypocrite. because other people are saving carbon. IT's the same thing power company's are doing older power plants pay a "tax" to pollute and newer cleaner plants sell there credits.
BUT THESE CARBON TRADING COMPANY'S ARE MAKING THE MONEY IN FEES for there handling the exchange.The government set up the system. ANOTHER Form of hidden tax that gets passed on down to to the little person. People like Al Gore do as they please and sing all the way to the bank.
Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–
ke4fxc_at_knology_dot_net wrote:

Psst: Al Gore owns the carbon trading company.
It's like prostitution: You've got it. You sell it. You've still got it.
Add pictures here
βœ–