Any books on Home Heating System Maintenance

Does anyone know of any good books on repairing and maintaining home heating systems? I want something better than the few pages devoted to heating in the whole house maintenance books. I have a steam system with a 70 year old boiler (converted to natural gas). I would like to know how to flush and clean the system, make sure the radiators are all working properly, check the burner and replace the pilot ignitor.

Thanks Dante

Reply to
Dante M. Catoni

Have you checked your public library yet?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

To be quite frank Dante;

A boiler isn't somthing DIY should mess with. Improper setting up, adjusting, cleaning all will cause the boiler to become hazardous and will shorten it's life. You would be smart to call a pro. Check and be sure the company is licensed for a boiler [not just heating.] A smart professional who isn't familar with boilers will tell you the same thing. Seek out a professional licensed in boiler installation and repairs.

Reply to
Zyp