Another wind-chill question.

Neat. My husband has worked with liquid helium, but that was at a searing 4 kelvin.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Not quite absolute zero. Deep space is 3K. It's "much warmer" in LEO.

Like absolute zero, an absolute vacuum is impossible.

Reply to
krw

My last bonus was Absolute Zero. Thanks Shrub.

Reply to
Thomas

How was your bonus, during the Obama years?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're overpaid.

Reply to
krw

At absolute zero how will I get it out of the bottle?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Outer space is apparantly a pretty strange place.

Physicists theorize that in the vaccuum of outer space, energy pops into existance from nothing, and then pops back again... ...into nothing.

"Dark matter" is the invisible and undetectable matter physicists theorize must exist in order to explain the amount of gravity there is in our universe. One of the most promising ideas to explain "dark matter" is that it doesn't exist at all. It's just that there are multiple universes, and gravity from the other galaxies superimposes on our own gravity. That is, gravity waves superimpose just like every other kind of wave.

If you're in an artificially lit parking lot at night, the amount of illumination at any point on the ground is more than that caused by the closest lamp alone. The contribution from the more distant lights adds together to allow for better illumination than would be provided by the closest light by itself. In the same way, gravity from other universes may be causing our universe to expand more slowly than it otherwise would, and cause our galaxy to rotate more rapidly than it otherwise would.

The world around us is comprehensible. Everything smaller than an atom and bigger than the universe is incomprehensible.

Reply to
nestork

Bob_Villa