another reason *not* to buy a front loading washer

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

I guess I have been trained otherwise. If it is in the laundry basket, it goes into the frontloading washer. And it gets clean. And the frontloader works very well, thank you. No I don't recall the brand, and I am not going into the basement to see.

Reply to
Han

EVERY TIME!!!! Of course, this is a form of perfection, and perfection IS'NT.

A "hamper" is a plastic device used to take advantage of the normal mindlessness of human beings, who follow the rules and add unnecessary complexity to the clothes-washing cycle. This leads to mistakes, and verbal (and physical?) abuse. It also distracts peoples limited intellect from the activities of their government, church, etc...

It was named after Orel Walker Hamp, who always believed that in order to get things done, it is necessary to confuse the stupid masses, so they never notice how f*ck*d-*p the world is getting.

Reply to
Harry L

Yep, it was an LG.

Jerry

Reply to
JerryM

Lawn mowers have oil in them ? ;-)

I guess it is just what you do at your own house

Here the rule is, if it is in the laundry basket,, it is going for a ride in the washer/dryer.

Reply to
gfretwell

I won't get anything but a front loader. They are faster, use less water, get the clothes cleaner, and spin everything drier than what a top loader does.

Reply to
Dymphna

I do the laundry about half the time..I don't throw anything of mine into the laundry basket w/o checking the pockets..I used to wash a lot of toothpicks SWMBO on the other hand, regularly washes cash, lip balm and various bits of paper from her jean pockets. If our machine was the type that "eats" these items, she'd be the one dismantling it..

Reply to
Rudy

On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:55:55 -0500, Dymphna wrote Re Re: another reason

*not* to buy a front loading washer:

Good for you.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

All true, but they still seem to be problem prone. And much more expensive. I don't expect to have any needs for a number or years, but today, I'd probably still stick with the top loader.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski