another reason *not* to buy a front loading washer

Page 2 of 2

I guess I have been trained otherwise. If it is in the laundry basket, it goes into the frontloading washer. And it gets clean. And the frontloader works very well, thank you. No I don't recall the brand, and I am not going into the basement to see.
--
Best regards
Han

Lawn mowers have oil in them ? ;-)
I guess it is just what you do at your own house
Here the rule is, if it is in the laundry basket,, it is going for a ride in the washer/dryer.

EVERY TIME!!!! Of course, this is a form of perfection, and perfection IS'NT.

A "hamper" is a plastic device used to take advantage of the normal mindlessness of human beings, who follow the rules and add unnecessary complexity to the clothes-washing cycle. This leads to mistakes, and verbal (and physical?) abuse. It also distracts peoples limited intellect from the activities of their government, church, etc...
It was named after Orel Walker Hamp, who always believed that in order to get things done, it is necessary to confuse the stupid masses, so they never notice how f*ck*d-*p the world is getting.

I do the laundry about half the time..I don't throw anything of mine into the laundry basket w/o checking the pockets..I used to wash a lot of toothpicks SWMBO on the other hand, regularly washes cash, lip balm and various bits of paper from her jean pockets. If our machine was the type that "eats" these items, she'd be the one dismantling it..

Is it possible to remove change and other stuff from pockets? And how about buying one or two of those large zippered mesh bags and putting socks in there?

FWIW: I've used a Whirlpool Duet for over 6 years now with no problem. My wife is always leaving stuff in her pockets.
od

Sounds to me like you should go through your pockets before you put your wash into the machine, and you wouldn't have all that stuff in there. Washing machines were never intended to wash money.
Steve
On 5/19/2009 5:29 PM SteveB spake thus:

Yeah, that's what Swiss banks are for.