Another Q on nailing into concrete

I'm following the thread on nailing a plate to the basement floor in preparation to a new wall, because sooner or later I'm going to do the same thing. I've got the Remington driver, but lack knowledge. What nailing pattern would one use-- staggered every foot, every two feet, etc? Thanks-
I don't know what everyone else is using but years ago my father taught me a cheap and supper secure way of attaching to a cement floor. Drill a 5/16" hole drop in a piece of 3" long copper wire with a hook on one end so it doesn't fall in to far and then nail it in place. Trust me you can't pull the nail back out, you'll take the head off before that happens.
AMEN
I also use the wire with screws if it is something we will be moving or changing.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JFCBAS) wrote:

Screws, specifically "Tapcon", and a hammer drill. Buy a box of a hundred, it comes with the proper bit. Goes in, hole drill and screw install, in about a minute. They come in different lengths, depending on what you want to attach.
Even a cheap hammer drill will do the job.
On 09 Jan 2004 16:46:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JFCBAS) wrote:

Since the wall is nailed securely at the top (if you are doing it right) you are mostly just stopping lateral movement. It's not like you are attaching the studs to basement floor so that it won't blow down in a hurricane. Every 2' should be enough, with a couple close where there's a door frame.