Anderson vs Milgard?

My husband and I are in the midst of a home addition/remodel and are stuck when it comes to doors. Our contractor is really pushing Anderson doors for our main living room slider and master bedroom french doors...but we've seen some nice ones by Milgard for considerably less. We live in southern California where the weather is mild...Any suggestions folks?
Thanks!
Andrea
Also look at Pella. You might want to get Pella prices at Lowes rather than a Pella store. Same door was a grand less at Lowes.

Correction on my Pella post. Only the entry door was the same door at Pella and Lowes stores. Lowes only sells low end sliders from Pella.

Art wrote:

Ahhh-soo! I was going to check/ask on that...when I was looking (some years back, admittedly) Lowes had no doors/windows from Pella that <identically> matched the direct-sell line...
Yep except for the entry doors. THe glass patterns are slightly different but I called Pella and they told me otherwise the entry doors at Lowes and Pella stores are identical.

As always ask about quality , the best doors are have mortice and tenon ,joints, a slightly less quality joint would be double doweled , The glass should be tempered ,which is probably required by local code the wood grain should be pretty straight so that warping is reduced .
Apart from the above a door is a door check out the quality and then go for the lowest price and don't pay for a company name tag....mjh

But do pay for glass warranty. Anderson guarantees their glass for 20 years. I'm sure Pella does the same. BOth are likely to be around. Lots of people end up with leaky double pane glass and no one to complain to.

By the way, make sure the door is installed per manufactuerer instructions. Pella and Anderson have them online so you can see what is involved before you buy a door. A poorly installed door is worthless.