And thanks to people on this list

Page 1 of 2
Met Mom for lunch today. She said the garage door didn't act right. I went,looked, after lunch. Door goes up. Only goes down a ways and goes right back up.
I fussed with the safety sensors for a while. Finally noticed the owners manual tucked in behind the roller channels, behind the BX light wire.
Spent some time reading the furnished manual (RTFM). Find out that I need to clean the connections, and reposition the sensor. The red light is not on, nor blinking. I pulled the contacts plugs out, and put back. Light starts blinking. Some adjustment and light is on steady.
Try the button, the door goes all the way down. While on scene, I spray lubed the actuator screw, and the rollers at the sides.
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical connectors.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 8/31/2014 3:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Moms always invite their sons over for lunch when somethings broken.
Did she use Hellman's on the sandwich or a lesser brand?
On 8/31/2014 4:08 PM, Fake ID wrote:

We go out every Sunday, and she buys. Must be investment for such moments.
Maintenance Agreement, eh?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

always good to remember to thank your dad.
On 8/31/2014 4:13 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

He's a bit harder to contact, lately.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/31/2014 02:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You used the word "I" six times
sheesh
(g)
On 8/31/2014 4:55 PM, philo wrote:

You think you should write that after you wrote a self centered post about you and your light bulbs, not considering the people around you?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/31/2014 05:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Possibly you should read your own sig.

he used the word "the" 17 times. imagine.
On 08/31/2014 04:49 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

He was poking fun at me the other day for using the word "I" six times... so I got him back
On 8/31/2014 5:52 PM, philo wrote:

Wasn't poking fun. You were a self centered snot, and didn't offer your impossible to find 100 watt bulbs to the list. Just took em back for receipt value.
And now you display being vindictive, in addn to self centered.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/31/2014 05:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You were a self centered

Nope, as I already stated , you can get them on eBay for *less* than what I paid.
I still have various incandescent bulbs left, if you are afraid to use eBay I would have gladly sent them to you (for postage) but I don't do favors for rude guys.
On 8/31/2014 7:22 PM, philo wrote:

I don't ask for stuff from selfish guys.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/31/2014 06:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I am not selfish...when I posted a week or two ago that I was overstocked with bulbs I was never going to use,,,no one asked for them.
If I was selfish I would have kept them. By taking them back not only did I get money for other things I needed, someone locally who wanted them would be able to get them.
Besides, Like I said if you really wanted then you can get them on eBay... all you are doing is whining.
Lately I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff I no longer need... selling it cheap or giving it away.
On 8/31/2014 7:32 PM, philo wrote:

I'll help you. Sell ten of them at $1 apiece and then you can send me an LED bulb. Make it 11 so you can cover postage.
On 08/31/2014 06:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't have any LED's I converted to CFL and fluorescent
On 8/31/2014 5:49 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

Maybe Bad Golferman can use his program, to find out who's a self centered narcisist?
That would be interesting reading, to some.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 08/31/2014 05:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

<snip>
A week or two before I took the bulbs back I posted here that I had a huge stock of bulbs that I'd never use. No one asked for them, so why would I not take them back???
On 08/31/2014 06:27 PM, philo wrote:

I am reposing my 8-22 notice
________
LOL
I bet a bought a 20 year supply of those 100 watt incandescent bulbs because I really liked those "Reveal" type.
Then decided to go CFL and full spectrum fluorescent.
Think I will put them on Craig's list and get rid of them
_________
Since it was on a thread you were talking on, you would have seen it, and would have asked for them if you wanted them...
Something radically has changed with your personality within the past few days...Time for a med check I'd say...
That is not meant as a snide remark but a genuine response to something that does not seem right.