An idiot and his table saw...

Anyone who wants to brew a decent cup of coffee will use water at near boiling Presso machines actually use superheated steam
By the time a fresh brewed cup of black coffee gets to you , it's still closer to boiling than sipping temperature That's why people pour it into cold cups, add sugar and cream or milk. To cool or give the coffee time to cool to drinking temp
Most people are smart enough - to know that a fresh-brewed cup of coffee was brewed with boiling water - not to stick an open cup with fresh coffee between their knees while sitting in a car - accept that if they do such a stupid thing, MacD's didn't put the cup there = THEY DID
That's why that female extortionist gets so little sympathy from the general public

You certainly should know.

You really are an illiterate moron.
On 12/6/12 3:19 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Yet, you refuse to show a shred of evidence or information to support your side of the debate. You, instead, choose call me names like an adolescent child. You have nothing to offer but ignorance and ad hominem dribble. Congratulations, you win.
--

-MIKE-

Moron, others have posted the specifications for brewed coffee. I suppose you would believe them if I posted them? You didn't understand the first time so there's little hope you would the tenth.

Winnning anything from a complete moron isn't very fulfilling.
On 12/10/12 11:53 AM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Which is why I've grown tired of this debate.
--

-MIKE-

Because quite obviously you're a complete moron. I'm sure your neuron is lonely.
On 12/10/12 3:08 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

You are not only very weak at trolling, but transparently lacking in self esteem. I don't know the reasons for that, but I truly feel sorry for you. Go ahead with your obvious and predictable reply, though.
--

-MIKE-

More evidence that you're a clueless moron, as if any were needed.
On 12/10/12 6:37 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Hey, that was almost verbatim to what I was predicting. Nice.
--

-MIKE-

Hey, so you, like everyone else, already knew you were a clueless moron. No surprise.
On 12/11/12 11:17 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

This is really getting boring. Like I said, you really bad at trolling. Are you as bad at everything else as you are at this?
--

-MIKE-

More proof of your single-digit IQ. Continuing to do something that is that boring isn't very bright. Yet you will continue forever. No brain, no pain.

Repeating yourself won't make you less of a liar, just a bigger one.

<Blush>, Why, you honor me with your insults. Coming from you,they're high praise.
Now run along. I think your mommy is calling.

Here is the full story: <http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm .
My home coffeepot brews and serves at 60 C, or 140 F.
Joe Gwinn
On 12/6/12 8:29 AM, Joseph Gwinn wrote:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good debate. :-) There's even more to the story... http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Hot_Coffee/70167106?locale=en-US

I'm pretty sure it brews higher than that. 175 is kind of the minimum for extracting all the good oils. You may be using a "cold brewer" though, I don't know. No standard production coffee maker brews under 180, to the best of my knowledge. Many brew up past 205 which burns the coffee.
--

-MIKE-

I did measure the temperature of the coffee in the carafe as it brewed, around the time the McDonalds case was in the news.
Hmm. Perhaps the water pouring onto the grounds is hotter, but this isn't easily user accessible. Perhaps I will measure it tomorrow.
I don't recall what the coffeepot manual says, if it has one, or if it says anything. The pot was bought years before the case. Commercial coffeepots may well serve hotter.
Joe Gwinn

Right around 200F is the optimum temperature to brew coffee and extract the flavor. I agree that at 140F, I would expect crap coffee and I would be surprised to find a decent coffee maker that brews it at that temp. Also note that if you measure the temp in the carafe, it's going to be substantially below the temp where the water is in contact with the coffee.
I use a french press and an electric kettle to brew mine. The kettle heats the water to boiling and then that combined with the coffee and the room temp french press puts it right around 200F.
In article

I measured my coffeepot (Krups) this morning - the brew and serve temperature is 180 F, not the 140 F I recalled. Now that I think about it, I measured the dishwasher water temperature around the same time, and it was 140 F for "Normal" wash, so I probably mixed the answers up.
Joe Gwinn
On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:37:23 -0500, Joseph Gwinn

...and McDs and DD brewed (and served if fresh) coffee at that same 180F. Now, thanks to the stupid old bag, one can't get a decent cup of coffee.
says...

Well, actually one can. McD has considerably improved their coffee since then (has nothing to do with the suit and everything to do with Starbucks).
The main change that McD made was to put signs all over the place "warning, coffee is hot".
It's stuff like this that makes me wish I wasn't an atheist. I really _want_ to believe that there is a Hell in which the Stupid Old Bat and her lawyer spend all eternity drinking lukewarm coffee.

McD's is at least drinkable (Starbucks is not) but it's stone cold.

But they lie.