Americast Tubs

Does anyone have any info about Americast tubs. They are much lighter to handle than other tubs but how durable are they? Will they scratch easily?

How about Swanstone?

Reply to
Deke

No you cannot use "any" cleaner on Americast. Abrasive cleansers are a no-no. I forgot and used Comet on my sink. A piece of the finish came off- looks like a chip. I would not use Americast again. No real advantage, and not worth the hassle, IMO.

Reply to
Alan

We had our share a fiberglass, acrylic and porcelain tub/showers. The Americast looks very nice. Looks like a porcelain finish. That means you could scrub it clean with any cleaner. I?m looking at the Cambridge model right now, with the whirlpool option. That?s if we stick with a 5 foot tub. That?s the only disadvantage I could see, they don?t make many models/sizes in Americast. Let us know if you get one?

Deke wrote:

Reply to
TP