Amana Clothes Dryer

Hi I have an amana clothes dryer that had no heat I went inside and found a thermal fuse blown on the heating element and ordered a new one wasn't the same but was told it was the new replacement. One day later that themal fuse blew anyone have any guess as to what may be causing the problem?

Reply to
Markd

Poor air flow through the dryer is the most common cause of thermal fuses opening. Poorly installed (see the link below) and/or a plugged vent is the most common cause of that.

How long can my dryer vent be?

Other possibilities include a stripped blower fan (loose on the motor shaft), possible warn and leaking drum seals or a heater element shorted to ground causing it to stay energized when it wouldn't be.

Whenever a thermal fuse if found open, it is usually a sign that there is a problem in the dryer which needs attention. Just replacing the fuse should not be done until all possible causes have been investigated!

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

May be overheating due to duct full of lint.

Reply to
jstp