Alarm system replacement

Can someone tell me what alarm will be best to replace my old one. The old system is Napco and the motion detectors must be replaced because they click when anyone walks passed them. All the wires are up in the attic so I plan on reusing them. And the central controller, battery backup and alarm horns can be reused. TIA

Reply to
Stubby

do they still work? clicking bothersome?

is there something wrong with the old one? there are many that will work GE NX systems, Napco, ademco are all good systems. How many zones does your system have? If battery is a few years old I would replace it anyway, they are cheap and crucial part of system.

Reply to
Don

Hi. Battery! When I looked at one in my house, it all dried up and cracked. I was getting battery low alarm. Replaced it for 10.00. If I needed one now, I'd go wireless.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes but the opaque plastic over the mirrors have cracked. The clicking is a bit bothersome.

Good advice on the battery. I'll do it once I settle on what controller I'll have in the end. The system has about 6 zones. But, I've forgotten how to set the entry codes for each zone and the entries.

Reply to
Stubby

Just replace the offending detectors, and check the battery. You can buy them easily on the web or even at radio shack.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I will replace the battery. But I don't think wireless is the right direction given that there are wires present. How easy is it to jam a wireless system?

Reply to
Stubby

You can just upgrade your existing NAPCO. I did that several years ago and have been very happy.

Try this web site to help you look at various options:

wa3cuj

check this out before using bass

Reply to
Bra

I have hard wired Honywells that click when you walk by, they always have clicked and work fine, its when they dont click I will know they are bad. So whats the problem.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
wa3cuj

Hi, Jammig itse;f will cause an alarm!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'd have to guess that some of the monitoring companies get upset if you mix and match parts. So, with monitored system, it would be wise to call the company, and see what they reccomend. If it's a local alert with a siren or light, then it's less a concern.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon