Air conditioner storage

Hi all:
I have two air conditioners that belong to my dad currently sitting in my garden shed. He lives in an apartment and doesn't have room to store them there, hasn't gotten around to selling them.
Anyhoo, question is, will they be all right in a Canadian winter in my unheated shed? Or should I take 'em in and put them in the basement before the snow flies?
Thanks,
KD
Hi KD, hope you are having a nice day
On 28-Aug-04 At About 15:03:30, KD wrote to All Subject: Air conditioner storage
K> Hi all:
K> I have two air conditioners that belong to my dad currently sitting K> in my garden shed. He lives in an apartment and doesn't have room to K> store them there, hasn't gotten around to selling them.
K> Anyhoo, question is, will they be all right in a Canadian winter in K> my unheated shed? Or should I take 'em in and put them in the K> basement before the snow flies?
As long as they are sitting flat just as they are in the window they should be fine. never set them on their back side or upside down as this could cause damage due to oil drainage into the capillary tubes.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. One should always be in love. For that reason one should never marry.
My husband will be happy to know that they won't be cluttering up the basement. :) They're sitting upright out in the shed, so I'll just leave 'em as they are.
Thanks!
KD

should
cause

This is Turtle.
Just keep them dry or don't let the snow or rain wet them.
TURTLE