Air Conditioner Question

I'm considering buying some split system air conditioners. Some brands advertise that they have inverters in them. Others don't
Is anyone here able to tell me what the difference is, please?

You must not be in the US.
Europe? Australia?
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

That's correct. I'm in Australia. Other than my email address, how did you pick that?
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

look at his address
An inverter is a variable frequency drive...possibly driving the compressor.. good for economical operation ...expensive when it comes time to repair...at least in the USA with our fat lazy ignorant and greedy american work ethics
how bout posting some prices of some comparable models.....also post some manufacturer names....
also..what kinds of warrantys are offered on those inverter equipped units...you need to weigh in the warranty when shopping around too

I may be fat I may be lazy I may be ignert I ain't greedy
Ya dumb douchebag
On 4 Feb 2006 08:39:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Is it really that hard for you to do a google search, Corny? Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I haven't got that far yet, to be honest. I wanted to know what it meant first, to see whether I was comparing apples with apples.
I'll research a bit and when I have a few comparisons, I'll post them here. I'd find it interesting to compare our prices to US prices. Mind you, the models aren't going to be identical in our two markets anyway. Our AC electricity supply is 240 volts whereas yours is around 110, isn't it?
american homes have 120 for lighting and light appliances and 240 available for heavier loads.