air-conditioner built into wall -- insulation tips?

Hello,

I have two large air conditioners which are built into our walls at about head height. Both rooms are cold from the heat loss and infiltration of cold air. Can anyone suggest the best ways to insulate air conditioners like these?

Thanks.

Reply to
THO

Here you go:

Deke

First make sure the outside vent is not open.

I built a nice wooden cabinet to hang over mine. During winter the the cabinet doors are closed and keep the cold out

Reply to
jmagerl

One common way is to buy a window plastic kit at the hardware, and use that to cover the AC. Not sure it's the "best" way, but it will help with the cold draft.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon