Air Condition-Bathroom sink connection???

Okay, this is weird. After days of very cold weather for Southern California, it's gotten fairly warm here. My air conditioning kicked in today. I noticed that whenever it's on, there's a sound emanating from my bathroom sink drain. It sounds like water lightly gurgling somewhere down the pipe. It stops instantly when the air conditioning cycles on and starts again when the a.c. does. I ran water down the drain and there was no noticeable effect on the sound. I've lived in this house for a year -- it's basically a new house. I never noticed anything remotely like this before, until today.
What the hey?
Jim Beaver

My guess is your a/c drain is tied into that sink drain somewhere and the trap in the a/c drain is not completely full of water. If so, the noise should stop when the a/c makes enough water to fill the trap.
Bobby
BGBevill wrote:

New house = plastic drain piping. Water dripping almost anywhere inside the drain will be audible whether the trap is full or not. Probably not a concern.
Jim
Sounds like someone ran the condensate drain into the same drain as your sink.....

BGBevill's got it right. It's likely the condensate drain runs through the wall to the trap under the sink in the bathroom [not a new idea, done all the time in California.] After the air conditioning runs enough to fill [it's] trap in the attic, the air will stop going down the drain.
--
Zyp
"Red Neckerson" < snipped-for-privacy@theWHITEhouse.com> wrote in message

and what am I???!! Chopped Liver??!!!
;-]

My AC (in the attic) drains the condensate into the bathtub overflow drain. You can hear the drip while sitting in the tub and may think there is a serious leak in your walls.
PJ
You need to call a priest.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is Turtle.
Run the unit for a day or so and if it does not stop. Install a P-Trap in the water drain from the evaperator coil to the sewer system or in your can to the bathroom sink.
TURTLE
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:45:04 GMT, "Jim Beaver"

I have the same problem (I think)!
What was your solution?
- Samiel