Wall plate for three duplex outlets?

I'm mounting three duplex outlets in a three-gang box. Actually, two duplex outlets and one of those single-outlet/single light-switch combo units that fits a duplex wall plate. So I need a wall plate with six outlet openings. I can't find one.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

There are sectional plates that you stack together to make any combination you want. They're not that hard to find if you know to look for them. HTH

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Thanks -- I've seen and used them before and they always look kind of clunky. Hoping to find something all of one piece.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Use decora receptacles if you can't find the regular plate

Reply to
Greg

Very simple... just jog down to Home Despot and see what they have.

All the combo's like that which I've seen had the switch set up to fit into a norma outlet hole, so a normal dual outlet cover would fit. In your case all you'd need is a double wallplate for four outlets.

Reply to
Noozer

But I need a triple wallplate for six outlets.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

This is a triple-gang box with two duplex outlets and one single-outlet/switch combo. So it has five outlets and one switch. I can find Decora equivalents for the two two duplex outlets, but can't find a Decora equivalent for the single-outlet/switch combo.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

try here

page down for 3-gang, have plastic or SS, also 4-gang

Reply to
Reed

Don't thank me, send cash ;-)

Reply to
Bell

Just the ticket! Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Thank you Caller Number 2! Reed beat you by 31 minutes (on my server). As a consolation prize you win a hearty handclasp and this set of playing cards with pictures of Estes Park on the backs.

(Thank you for the help!)

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Look at the last page of:

Perce

On 12/11/04 08:48 pm Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Yes. I saw Reed's post about 5 minutes after I posted. It's also amazing that we found the same website. You can keep the cards. Shipping and handling charges would be worth more than the link. ;-)

Reply to
Bell

But . . . playing cards! Estes Park! Are you sure?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Well dad-gum it. When my younger brother worked at Dixieline or HD or something like that, he said that the philosophy was to stock 90% of the items a customer might need. Or the most popular 90% of items. Which means that I, who lives on the edge of the bell curve, usually end up not finding the last 10% of the stuff I do need. The outlet/switch combo DOES exist, just no retailers around here stock it.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Home Depot in Ft Myers has them (this morning)

Reply to
Greg

Same thing... a switch/outlet looks like a normal duplex outlet.

Reply to
Noozer