Air cleaner causing interference

Hi all... By a stroke of luck, I was able to determine that my Honeywell air cleaner is causing much interference with a couple of wireless devices in my home. The interesting thing is - it doesn't even have to be turned on, just plugged in to cause the interference. I've seen threads similar to this with other appliances, but nothing that made any sense to me that could fix it. Is that true? The only real option is replacing the device with something else? There isn't a filter, etc that it could be plugged into?
Thanks for your help!
JaxDawg wrote:

what kind of wireless devices
what kind of interference
does it interfere with the TV with rabbit ears (not cable TV) or radio
Mark
Mark wrote:

Do you mean X-10 devices? If so I believe they have some filters available. Try www.smarthome.com
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Its a wireless phone jack that I'm having problems with (static on the phone when its used). Since my original post, I've been able to find a short term solution by using the air cleaner on a different circuit (pluged it into different outlets until it went away). That seems to have fixed it for now, anyway... Thanks!
JaxDawg wrote:

You should be able to find a filter that would work at the phone or at the air cleaner. My guess is the air cleaner is dirtying up one phase of your power. That would mean about half of the plugs would be a problem.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Radio Shack used to sell a magnetic core, sort of a squared toroid, that would isolate a radio frequency generator from the power line. You wrap as many turns of the power cord through the opening as you can. Even better is the core from a salvaged television flyback transformer if you can come up with one. These devices also work on the power input to sensitive electronic devices such as my sprinkler timer which used to activate when I operated on amateur radio.
SJF