Finished Attic: No Insulation...Questions

Hello -

I have a 1.75-story house. About 90 years old. Attic bedrooms with kneewalls. No insulation in attic floor, kneewalls or beneath roof.

Let's say the overall shape is a box within a triangle. The box represents the finished bedroom in the attic. I am concerned with the inaccessible, smaller-triangular space above the finished "box."

Question:

I researched and understand the methods of installing the proper amounts of insulation on the attic floor and beneath the roof, as well as maintaining sufficient venting between insulation and roof. These areas are completely and easily accessible.

HOWEVER, the smaller, triangular space above the finished attic bedroom is inaccessible. How do I go about installing roof insulation and the corrugated spacers which provide venting between insulation and underside of the roof?

I am in Northeast MA. I cannot access this space from above the roofdeck, as house was re-roofed 1 yr prior to purchase (lost opportunity!).

Mark

Reply to
marksquestion0123

Cut an access hole

Reply to
SQLit

Don't want to cut through newly-shingled roof. Additionally, a single access hole would not allow access to entire interior area.

Thanks anyways -

Mark

Reply to
marksquestion0123

He meant an access hole through the bedroom ceiling. If it is a gable house, you could also put an access hole from the outside, and fill the hole with a faux or real vent, or a decorative window, hinged to open like a door.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers