air bath or water jets

I was wondering in which to buy. air bath or water jet bath?
does anyone own one of these so I can get some feedback before I purchase. pros and cons, and best mfgs.
any input (about topic) would be appreciated.

a multiple occupancy hot tub. it was a brief novelty at our home to replace the old tub during a bathroom remodel with a water jet type. but it's more of a romantic notion than a practical one since our dwellers want a clean hot shower and they are on their way. the water jet option goes unused because of this. if it's for soaking in clean water, the water jet type would not be a problem, keeping its tubes clean by avoiding use of bath oils and bubbles. [this was a spoiler to the usage to a degree, as well as the noise of the thing.] there are time and usage concerns: the sequence of filling time, draining time, taking a shower first versus last, and the bather load and availability of other showers in the home to the other shower- takers. maintaining sanitation in a shared tub used for sit down bathing is extra work beyond multiple showers by a in a shower/tub.
wrote: | > I was wondering in which to buy. | > air bath or water jet bath? | > | > does anyone own one of these so I can get some feedback before I | > purchase. | > pros and cons, and best mfgs. | > | > any input (about topic) would be appreciated. | buffalo ny: this is our example of the use of a standard size tub not | a multiple occupancy hot tub. | it was a brief novelty at our home to replace the old tub during a | bathroom remodel with a water jet type. but it's more of a romantic | notion than a practical one since our dwellers want a clean hot shower | and they are on their way. the water jet option goes unused because of | this. | if it's for soaking in clean water, the water jet type would not be a | problem, keeping its tubes clean by avoiding use of bath oils and | bubbles. [this was a spoiler to the usage to a degree, as well as the | noise of the thing.] | there are time and usage concerns: the sequence of filling time, | draining time, taking a shower first versus last, and the bather load | and availability of other showers in the home to the other shower- | takers. maintaining sanitation in a shared tub used for sit down | bathing is extra work beyond multiple showers by a in a shower/tub. | |
with an air bath you can use bath oils and bubbles unlike a water jet system. also there are no tubes to ever clean. it sounds like an air bath would be better than the water jets systems. it blows warm air instead of warm water so no bacteria ends up in the tubes to ever worry about.
Our house came with a water jet Jacuzzi. We used it probably 8 times in 9 years. It is nice after mowing the lawn and being covered with dust and taking a shower then relaxing in the jacuzzi..... it is amazing how much more dirt it removes from the pores than just a shower. Now I use a lawn service.

| >I was wondering in which to buy. | > air bath or water jet bath? | > | > does anyone own one of these so I can get some feedback before I | > purchase. | > pros and cons, and best mfgs. | > | > any input (about topic) would be appreciated. | > | > | > | |

I purchase and ready for an install the Kohler <http:// www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=&module=ExperienceBubbleMassage&item82002&prod_num18-GCR&section=2&category=9> BTW shop around...I didn't pay any where near the web price.) I tried to research the pros/cons of the different types...and kept coming back to the sanitary factor. Goggle around and you'll find many trying to clean the crud out of the pipes in their whirlpool tubs, the same with many hot tubs.
Can't wait to use it...
DAC