AFCI CBRKRS

Time to ask a dumb question but after looking at the NEC for what seems an eternity... Is there anything in the NEC that forbids using an AFCI circuit breaker where a non AFCI circuit breaker would work? The reason I ask I am currently redoing a basement and adding a bedroom that will require AFCI. At the same time I am adding a few small circuits to an existing room and it would be a lot easier to just run them off one of the AFCI circuit breakers rather than run more wire all the way back to the panel. Yes, I know these are more expensive but so is wire. Thanks in advance for all the assistance.
On 1/20/2014 4:14 PM, NamPhong wrote:

No problem. You can use them where they are not required - much like a GFCI. The NEC appears to be headed for requiring AFCIs for everything in the universe.