Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

You really need to get a box of those Olympic event scoring numbers so you can provide dramatic feeedback. Once you get into it, separate scores for technican and artistic might be good! :)

The above one sounds like a 7.5 - 8 for technical and probably only a 4 or 5 for artistic.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

right not the specific name escapes me, but the shrub is one used frequently in Africa for that purpose - it has a shiny leaf like holly and very nasty thorns that are about an inch long - you could probably turn it up by looking for "thorns" and bush and fence - for example

for more actionable information try
which says"

Highly valued species for live fences are Euphorbia tirucalli, Albizia harveyi, and Commiphora africana. Species used for fence poles include Dichrostachys cinerea. Species for both uses that were identified by farmers are found in Table 3.24.

Reply to
william_b_noble

You need to set up a camera to record this, you can sell the footage to americas funniest video etc. Just tape everything and if nothjing happened reuse the tape.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Because there is no serious risk to life. Entities of this sort tend to only act when there is a real threat to life. They generally don't have enough budget to install barriers everywhere people might like them.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

"A Glimpse Into Maasai Circumcision Ritual " ????

I'm not real sure the threat of forced circumcision would be effective. I mean, the logistics of importing a tribe of Maasai every time someone misses the curve would be massive, not to mention the social outrage if the driver were female! However, the writer of the article describes it as an incredible experience. Perhaps National Geographic would offer a subsidy for film rights? If the front yard were large enough, the whole community could get involved!!!

Did we, perhaps, send the wrong link there, sparky? Mike

Reply to
AlienZen

And now when you search for "plant" or "vegetation" and "white house" you keep getting hits for dubbya... ;)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

"Gorse" looks like a formidable hedge. Or pyracantha. Lilacs are not thorny, but I think they'll grow thick enough to stop a car.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Mine isn't the curve, that was whoever started this thread. I just have a 2-way stop sign on a busy street and nobody looks before just rolling through the stop.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

On 2 Mar 2004 06:16:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Don) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Just to put this in perspective, and to illustrate the dangers. This is extreme but did happen, right now, right here in lil ol Perth Western Australia, pop 1.5Mil...full of nice Aussie guys and others.

"Fair go" and all that. No New York "excitement".

Never before.....

We have just had a road rage incident, where a guy's brake/tail lights were only working on one side, and he stopped for a cyclist. Guy behind picked an argument. The first guy pulled into his _own driveway_.

Follower starts an argument about the lights, etc. Argument probably escalated. Then the "plaintiff of the first part" drove down the other guy's driveway, and slammed into his car. The slam made the _'plaintiff's"_ car undriveable (2-3' bending of frontend) ............and incidentally squashed a 2 year old kid between the two cars.

He was running behind the car to see his Granpa.

I hate kids and have none. They are obnoxious little farts. I did not like _me_ as a kid. But they are _innocent_, at 2 years old.

The only good thing to come out of this was that the "plaintiff of the first part" 's vehicle was a screen-smashed mess... at _both_ ends.

The police have said that "as a result of his being removed from his vehicle after the accident, he sustained injuries" (he's in hospital, with the crap beaten out of him), and that "it is unlikely that charges will be laid against the relatives of the deceased". (he deserved it?)

My point is:

Somebody you care about could get hurt. This is important _before_ that happens.

Keep those vehicles off your land, or move. If the shire won't help, ask again. If you lose somebody...or even your front lawn....in this, then you are not at fault.

In a litigious society that I deplore, you are one of the genuine.

**************************************************** sorry

.........no I'm not! remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

What are you talking about? Your story might have been compelling, but it is impossible to follow with the "plaintiff of the first part" bullshit without ever having properly introducing the characters.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

A guy (call him Bob) only had brake lights on one side. He stopped for a dude on a bicycle. This pissed off another driver (call him Paul).

An argument ensued. The guy with the bad brake lights (Bob) went home. The pissed off driver (Paul) followed Bob home, and when Bob parked in his driveway, Paul intentionally slammed his car into the back of Bobs.

Not only did Paul smash up both cars, but he also crushed between them a 2 yr old toddler who was rushing to see his granddaddy Bob.

At this point, Bobs family, (Sue, Frank, Melvin, Harvey, Mary Anne and Peter) drug Paul out of his vehicle, and using cricket bats, blunt objects, hands, feet, teeth and a woomera, beat Paul to within an inch of his life.

Paul is currently in intensive care, where hopefully he will die in screaming agony after a considerable amount of time has passed.

The butchered child remains a bloody smear on the driveway until a putty knife can be found.

The family will not be charged.

Road rage sucks and is possible even in Oz.

Got it?

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the original story who ran into whom.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

All I know is, if I was "Paul" and I survived the beating and got out of the hospital, I would be pleading with a judge to lock me up for a long time and throw away the keys for my own protection, unless I had the money to move far away and totally disappear.

Because "Bob" or his family members, based on their initial reaction to "Paul's" action are not likely to soon forget, or forgive. "Paul's" head would have a bounty on it - and you simply can't put a price tag on the 2-year-old innocent life he took...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman