Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

The claymore will pepper the car with the pellets. It won't hurt the people, but do an (hopefully) good bit of damage to the car.

After all, it was the cars fault it was in the yard, not the drivers. It's sort of like it's the guns fault some one's dead, not the person that pulled the trigger.

Reply to
HeatMan

Spend a small fortune and have some giant redwoods trucked in and lined up along the curve. They're a bitch to plant, but you won't get any vehicles in your yard.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

These folks are not wreckless (sic) ;-)

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

How about a row of used railroad ties set well back from the ditch? Bury them upright, 4' on center, decorative bevel cut at

8" > Hey there, got an unusual question:
Reply to
Roy J

Railroad ties are OK if'n you like 'em. The only thing I've found RR ties useful for are homes for hornets and carpenter ants.

Uh, on second thought, maybe every drunk smashing his car into a decorative RR tie barrier deserves to get attacked by a whole nest of pissed-off yellowjackets.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

It doesn't do a damn bit of good around here. I live on a relatively busy street with an intersection that has to stop, but not the cross-street. I have at least one car rolling into my yard per month. They don't bother to stop or look at the stop sign, they just roll around the corner and get plastered by someone coming down the road at

50mph. While there haven't been any fatalities in the past four years we've lived here, we've heard from neighbors that this is not a new problem and several people have died over the years. In fact, I found out that the RV parking that I have at that corner of the property used to be a garage until someone launched their car at it.

I've complained to the city many times. They ignore it. The same is true of other people along the street. No reaction for decades now.

I put up a sign on the stop sign for a while that read "We have 12-15 accidents on this corner per year due to negligent drivers. Please drive carefully". Someone ripped it down.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

The county probably took it down. Illegal sign.

Seriously, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Put a new sign up:

___ ___ Days since the last accident!

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Friend of mine did just that. Huge stones just inside the property line. Anything that hits them will remain there until towed away.

Reply to
Jim Strand

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:13:14 GMT, Brian Henderson vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Have you complained in writing, pointing out the legal implications if they ignore your concerns? Have you tried the idea of ringning the emergency number every time?

**************************************************** sorry

.........no I'm not! remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

Not a parking space:

But in North East Pa. a famous hospital, Geisinger. Is always reconfiguring their parking lots, and seperating one from the other. They have many!

But there are spikes all over, they reconfigure, and forget to lock the spikes, they say oops, sorry to people. I'm smart enough to let someone stand on them to get into the second part of the lot.

Plus, parking is free. I don't stiff institutions, whether commercial or non profit for parking fees!

Reply to
Refinish King

Claymores have the force to penetrate non armored people transporters:

ie: Humvees, Jeeps, Officer's vehicles. Do you propose a passenger car has more defense than a military vehicle?

just a thought?

Refinish King

PS

This is all merely conjecture, the property owner will do, whatever he is told to do by his "LEGAL COUNCIL"

We are all just conjecturing our wishful thinking!

Reply to
Refinish King

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:26:50 -0500, "Refinish King" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Oh nice!

Aaaargh! ("Well...won't park there then...")

Aieeegh! ("Nope. Not there either...")

**************************************************** sorry

.........no I'm not! remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

None of that solves his problem of people plowing up his yard however, and no future wrecker of his property is going to be dissuaded because of a prosecution that he's never heard of.

The solution is to prevent the people from ever driving on his yard in the first place. I like the big boulders on your side of the property line idea. Big pine trees may work as well.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I don't understand why whatever entity belongs to this road, they won't install a proper guardrail when one is obviously sorely lacking.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Years ago I read an article regarding the White House- They use a specific species of shrubbery as a security barricade. it grows so dense a car cannot penetrate it. Alas, trying a google search of "shrub" or "bush" and "white house" is futile these days.

Mike

Reply to
AlienZen

911 gets calls from me at least once a month and the police and rescue people all know me because they spend so much time cleaning up in front of my house. As I said, this is not at all unusual.

Let's see, in December, someone abandoned a stolen truck (we're assuming) and torched it on a side street next to our property at 2am. You can still see the big patch of melted asphalt, but at least our trees are re-growing.

January 4th was the first roll-over of the year. Some lady tried to make a turn, whacked into a pick-up going 50 with an old man, a 4-year old kid and her father in the front. The truck went over a couple times, ended up on it's side against one of our bushes next to the driveway. Old man had broken ribs but everyone else was alright.

February 12, we had a kid in his brand new convertable end up upside down next to the house. No injuries but his car was totalled.

We should start a betting pool on this, we'd get rich.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

I remember seeing some very dense bushes in a nursery catalog years ago. It was supposed to grow dense enough to keep animals in it. I can't recall the name either, but seems it was a type of rose.

Al

AlienZen wrote:

Reply to
Al Patrick

Reply to
Halvey

Yeah, you got a lot more hits on "bush" in the "white house" when Clinton was in office. :)

TIm

Reply to
The Guy