How Can I Keep A Bed From Sliding On Ceramic Tile?

Here's the deal. I have a regular steel bedframe (queen size) with rollers. Two of the rollers lock. I'm using the wall as a head board so to speak. In other words I have a bunch of thick pillows against the wall to lie back on while I'm (we're) watching TV.

Make sense? LOL

The bed keeps sliding away from the wall while my g/f and I are watching TV.

What can I put underneth the rollers so the bed won't slide?

I was thinking something made out of rubber, but what?

Reply to
Ron

Those round or square rubber floor protectors -- available in any hardware or discount store intended tfor the legs on heavy furniture. Of course the bed won't roll to change sheets either.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel

I think you and your gf are doing a lot more than watching tv if the bed is rolling away from the wall. Maybe you need to stop pounding so hard on her !!! You also mentioned something made of rubber. They are called condoms, and will keep her from getting pregnant. However I doubt that will solve your problem. If you must be that aggressive with her, maybe you should screw on the floor !!!

Reply to
dr.ruth

How about a 4" eyescrew into the base of the wall between you and your gf, with a 1/4" steel cable and a turnbuckle into the far end of the bedframe?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't even take much for the bed to roll away...just you leaning on the wall and it rolls--I had the same problem.

Two quick suggestions, one is--my bed frame had wheels that would turn, so I positioned them sideways and the bed stayed still. For you though...what if you put a few pennies as chock blocks under the wheels? Would that work?

ER

Reply to
EggRaid

Coasters for the wheels that don't lock, and peel the rubber backing off an old mouse-pad to go under all four corners.

Failing the mouse-pad, the rubber mesh stuff that goes under area rugs should work.

Reply to
default

remove the wheels so it does not roll and then get an old auto tire tube and cut some pieces of rubber out of it and put between the floor and the bed post.. it will not slide then....

Reply to
jim