Adding Frosting To Replacement Windows

What are my options for obscuring the view through a VRW while still allowing light and not voiding any warranties?
East facing window that gets some morning sun at an angle but no direct sunlight for hours at a time.
I've seen the stick on film at the home centers and even considered some frosted plexiglass.
Any thoughts?
OK, I'll save you all the trouble and say it first: Curtains. <g>
Anything else?

Restaurants and other businesses sometimes have designs "frosted" on their window glass. Call some commercial glass places and see what's possible. The Corning Glass museum has a workshop where kids can create designs on drinking glasses using a hand-held sand blasting tool. I suspect the same process might be involved in frosting windows.
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

I used the stick on frosted film at Home Depot. Works fine.
-dickm

If its dual pane interior dark films can Crack the glass, and are often stated so in the warranty as an exclusion, even single pane glass I cracked on East exposure with black painted foamboard.
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:02:36 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Curious myself, was this tempered glass?
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Search for decorative window film*( over 50 samples). Some are plain; others, can be fancy in appearance. I live in the desert. SWMBO used some film on one window that gets afternoon sun for long periods.
It sure helped.. no apparent damage to the window. My guess is it's the static type.
* SOLYX Decorative Films come in different patterns and shades, and are easily removed and replaced to update the appearance at a later time. Now any flat glass surface can be turned into a work of art, be it an office, restaurant, den, bathroom or child's room. Frosted films diffuse light without appreciably cutting down the ambient light. As a result, any existing window can be converted to privacy glass in a number of attractive patterns. http://www.decorativefilm.com/Decorative.htm

I like the spray-on stuff, like this:
http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-72139/Detail
For me, it is easier to apply than the films.
JK
Local harware store should sell Krylon window frosting spray paint

Thanks. I bought a can of Rust-Oleum frosting yesterday...but it's too cold to take the window out today.