AC condensing unit problem

This post is a continuity of my previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/b0aa15c4a88d6977?hl=en #
I took the condensing unit apart and follow the 24V blue wire inside the unit. As you can see on this picture:
http://e-pixel.net/AC_condensing_unit_inside.jpg
the blue 24V first goes into the "red thing" (don't know what it is) and then it goes into the green thing. When it comes out, there is no voltage on the wire. There is voltage (27V) when it comes out of the red and changes from blue to yellow wire but no voltage coming out from the green thing.
What is the red and green ? how can I replace it as it seems to be permanently attached to the pipe?
The yellow wire that comes out of the green goes to T1 on the electronic board:
http://e-pixel.net/AC_condensing_unit.jpg . The other 24V is on T3. So I have no voltage on the electronic board. Can I skip the green and red parts inside the unit and connect the 24V wire directly to T1 on the board?
Jack
JackpipE wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/b0aa15c4a88d6977?hl=en #
Your posting is quite hilarious if you don't look at the photo at the same time.
Once I looked at the photo, my guess is that they might be high and low pressure limit (cutout) switches. They would be there to shut off the compressor if the system is (way) over- or under-charged. Do you have a schematic? Usually it is either pasted inside a door or panel, or hidden inside and envelope inside a door or panel.
If my guess is right, and your analysis is correct (check again), then you might end up having to hire an HVAC professional to deal with it. But it really seems incredible that shorting something at the thermostat would fry anything at the condensing unit. Typically you would blow a fuse at the air handler.