abs/pvc connection

I am trying to find an abs pipe extender. It is a fitting that is uncommon because it fits INSIDE an abs pipe. It has two male ends, and glues in. If you know where I can find them, please post it. I've been to fifty places, and so far .........

I found one PVC pipe extender here locally.

I have to cut into a pipe at a bad joint, glue this pipe extender in, and put the pieces back together. This is how the solar pool heater guys did it last time, and they charged me $125 for the fitting and half an hour's work.

The thing that is different is that the pipe stub stays in the T. Then the new piece is glued inside the existing 2" pipe.

These are not impossible to find, except for me.

So, if I use PVC/ABS glue, how strong a joint will I have? Does the PVC/ABS glue and mixed configurations of plastic pipes equal a good joint? This has to hold very little pressure.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve B