A tractor, a chain, and one less eye.

Page 3 of 3
Per snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz:

Can somebody elaborate on that? I can see the absence of side shields making them less effective, but that can't be the whole story.
--
Pete Cresswell

Per Ralph Mowery:

Almost all prescription glasses now are some kind of plastic - so they function as safety glasses. Probably not as well as dedicated safety glasses depending on the lens size... but they do offer protection against stuff flying into the eye.
--
Pete Cresswell

We must have the same barber. Although, my barber told me this one 15 years ago.