It
17a
cycling

#14,
15
It was the only GFCI breaker, so I had nothing to swap it with except the 20a GFCI I had on the shelf. Since the problem could have been a ground fault between the breaker box and the first outlet, I wanted to test it with a GFCI breaker.
Sorry you got dragged into a matter that was solved a month ago.
A circuit breaker is guaranteed to work properly One time.
Think about it.....once it trips, it changes on the metallurgical level.
wrote:

on
intended,
or
the
again)
appear
intermediate
Tripped
of a

while
trip
Then
gets
the
depending
already?).
Check
be
at
are
*smaller*
bad
there,
20A
Miss America?
Hi, Breakers come in many shapes and forms. Consumer(residential) grade, commercial/indistrial grade, special application(spark proof), etc. If a breaker was grossly overloaded, it can smoke and burn out. Repeated trips will make it weaker for sure causing nuisance trips. Look at the wall toggle switch for an example. Run of the mill ones for typical residential use one is like less than a buck a piece. Then look at the ones made for hospital or inside mine use, 5.00 or more for a piece. Tony
HB2 wrote:

But I don't think you should give the impression that the cheaper ones are less safe.
They're not.
Have a nice week...
Trent

Are the 15a and 20a both GFCI? Does either meet the 2003 spec?
Have a nice week...
Trent

it;
just
junction
I do not believe there is any reason this could not be done in the circuit breaker box.

To my understanding my SquareD Q0 breakers are rated for 2 conductors under the screw (in fact, there are two 'notches' under the screw). They don't say anywhere on them that they are rated for this type of use, but I believe I did read it in the company's literature somewhere.
Common procedure otherwise is to have a separate junction box beside the panel and make your splices there. Make sure to mark the box as to what it's for (i.e. "Outside plugs, Breaker #X").

just
You'd be surprised at how quickly Christmas lights can add up. :) My folks have a 30' blue spruce in their front yard, and we manage to get about 2100 watts of lights onto it every year. We need to feed it through two separate circuits. Of course, this is extreme, but at 7 watts a bulb X 25 bulbs a string... you get the idea. :)
-- Steve