A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Page 1 of 16
It's 90 deg. outside, humidity is 37%. The A/C is set to 80 deg. The temp in the apartment is at 83 deg, and hasn't gone below that. The A/ C has been running non-stop for hours. The temp out of the vents is colder than the air in the apartment, but not a lot colder. (I don't have a thermometer.)
Maintenance fixed the A/C only a month ago when it completely quit working. Our electric bill that month was $320 for a 800 sq ft apartment.
Maintenance is coming tomorrow. How do I make sure they fix the unit right, or make the landlord replace it if it won't work properly? The electric bill is outragous.
The unit doesn't show a manufacturing date, and I can't find the model no. on the manufacturer's website. Here's what the stickers say: Goodman Manufacturing Co, 1501 Seamist Dr, Houston, TX 77008 Model No. AW30-05C Part No. 20203-23 Regrig 22 Design PSIG 150 Heater Amps 208/240V Motor 1PH 60HZ 3.5 Amps 1/3 HP Single Circuit 17.3/20.0 Min Circuit Ampicity 26/29 Max Overcurrent Protection 30/30 UL Listed - G0587770080
Also, once the unit works properly, how much more does it cost to keep the apartment at 76 as opposed to 80 (above conditions)?
Thanks
On Jul 6, 7:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

I think this numbers above are for the heater... Here's the data from the big fan thing outside: Goodman Manufacturing Co. Model No. CPKJ24-1A Operating volts 197-253 208/230 Min circuit amps 15.3 Compressor RLA 11.5 LRA 60.0 Fan Motor FLA 0.9 HP 1/6 Part No. 14930-177
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:40:28 -0700, carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

Go away.

Are you suggesting that this post is not on-topic to a particualr group?

It must be one of the jerks on alt.hvac.
Bob

Ya think it might be because its CROSS POSTED TO 3 DIFFERENT GROUPS?????

No, I didn't think that. The post is about repairing A/C, and saving money. Three relevant groups is well within accepted usage standards. A quick check on Wikipedia for "crossposting" says "Crossposting is usually practiced when material is relevant and of interest to the readers of more than one newsgroup." and "Crossposting to more than a small number of newsgroups is likely to be counterproductive. A commonly suggested limit is three newsgroups." I've read elsewhere that up to 5 is okay if the groups are relevant.

Despite what you might like to think, your post is not appropriate to the group alt.hvac...

The description of the group on Google is "Heating, venting and air conditioning." That's what this post is about.
I went and browsed the group and read some relevant threads. There is no FAQ or charter that was voted on. There are a few people there that are unhappy that sci.engr.heat-vent-ac didn't get popular... which may be what this is about. The overwhelming response in the threads is that alt.hvac is public, and for general discussion.
To anybody else replying to this guys post, note he added a "follow-up to:" header to alt.fucktard, and your newsreader may send it there and not to the relevant groups. Posting via Google will do that, so just replace alt.fucktard with "alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal- living,alt.hvac" This guy is talking about netiquette, and this says a lot about his post.
wrote in message

the
Suck my dick.

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

That's your dick? I thought it was the tip of your thumb.
teeny tiny, eh?

Shut the hell up and keep sucking.

wrote in message

I think that's a different alt.* group.

wrote in message

the
And exactly when did the group vote to give google the authority to define some rigid description ?

So post your drivel in sci.engr.heat-vent-ac...
( You fucking bitch)

Nope.
Pretty much every regular from that particular group has told you to go and shove it sideways up your your fucking ass.

Oh please...go on and tell me all about relevant groups.
( stupid cunt )

Missed clue #1 then I see.....

NOBODY that seriously wants to discuss etiquette with any longterm usenet regulars would even consider posting their fucking drivel from google's newsfeed.
Hopefully, someone responsible will take away your fucking internet access very shortly.

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Are you 10 or 12?
"noname" < trolling the net for young boys > wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Hey Jeffy then *pay* and get your own *private* newsgroup, this is public, no one here owns it including you and from the language that you have in your vocabulary you should be banned from any public group.
--
Jim - UV-C Light Purification
e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@uvclightpurification.com

You should be banned for being ignorant.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

You can't be serious, read the posts. I am the one that is ignorant. You make claims with not having proper knowledge, insult people, speak to people rudely, think that a public newsgroup is just for you and who you say is ok to be here, think you know all and don't have the ability to learn about something you know nothing about, claim others don't know things when you don't have the knowledge to make that determining factor and last but not least, you don't have the ability to learn about advances in your own industry and I am the one that is ignorant?
--
Jim - UV-C Light Purification
e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@uvclightpurification.com
message

you
You have one thing right when you state " I am the one that is ignorant".
BTW, how's that UV light going to extend the life of a unit? I mean after all, you have to cover the evap pan and other plastics. LOL