A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Even that I would not call underhanded.

adv. In a sly and secret way. adj. Marked by or done in a deceptive, secret, or sly manner; dishonest and sneaky. See Synonyms at secret.

Not doing something at all or hiring the cheapest guy is not clever enough to be sly, and almost no landlord says how much he pays for repairs.

My landlord finally had both elevators overhauled -- the repair guys were there for days -- so they never broke again while I was there, and must have spent a bundle, but he didn't tell us how much even when he spent a lot.

Reply to
mm

Carie I am not AC person however I am refrigeration Tech. representing OEMs from many parts of our country. I have read about dozens answers and I had it enough. In my opinion any central domestic unit if can't bring temperature down to 72 in let say 3 hours is not worth having, so you tell you service people fix it or install new one there is no excuse for something like that. leave unit running for hours leave unit running overnight bullshit if was me two hours would be a limit. from reading some info. that unit seems to be around two ton which it should be enough unless your cool air is going some place ales, like cracked duct work and your unit is cooling parking lot or roof.

Reply to
Tony

I think I meant to say a dark A written over the P. :(

Indeed.

Reply to
mm

I'll have to admit that makes a lot of sense. The time exactly one minute after noon is 12:01PM. If noon has to be called either 12:00PM or 12:00AM, then out of the two, 12:00PM is the much more logical choice since it would be wacky for 12:00AM to be followed immediately by 12:01PM.

However, it is still not very good terminology since (a) the literal meaning of "12:00AM" is nonsensical and (b) there is already a perfectly good word ("noon") to describe the concept. On the other other hand, it is convenient for digital clocks to be able to read "12:00PM" instead of "noon", which is a good argument for defining

12:00PM to be noon. On the other other other hand, there are various authorities whose opinions should matter, and they don't seem to all agree on any one thing.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

Yeah, you're right there. I'm very literal myself, and this sort of thing usually matters a lot to me. I think maybe this time I came at it already humbled and ready to give in.

But that is what makes it difficult to learn the convention.

Reply to
mm

Ever considered joining Mensa?

I was invited to join about 45 years ago, but in the words of Groucho Marx, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

The maintenance guy didn't fix anything... I watched him the whole time. It is as it was.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

Dont forget the 13 seer box fan accessory.

Reply to
ftwhd

Break off with a few bucks and buy your own thermometer and check it yourself. Then go the f*ck away and take your DIY ho's with you.

Reply to
ftwhd

Tub girl?

Reply to
ftwhd

couldn't make

Wasn't annoyed, just wondered why the change in posting style

Reply to
BobK207

mm & Logan-

Of course you two are correct in your analysis of whether noon is

12am or 12 pm

my original point was that 12am or 12pm can be (& is) confusing depending the understanding writer & the reader

but noon & midnight are unmistakable to all.......

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

12:00am in used instead of 12:00pm only around 2 times in 1,000. See my post on that elsewhere in this thread:
carie_r

thread:

I hardly ever see 12pm or 12am......

noon & midnight are MUCH more common & are nearly impossible to misconstrue because they don't need any explanation

Reply to
BobK207

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski