A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

That is a 2-Ton condenser for a mere 800-sq.ft. in a dry climate, it should handle that heatload with ease! If the interior of your home has a low humidity, a mere 90-F outdoors is not a heavy load on that system - when it is operating properly. A room temperature of 76-F should not be difficult to achieve with a very moderate electric usage.

I cool over 800-Sq.Ft in an old 1930's home with a lot of windows with a mere Half-Ton window unit. Your unit is rated at 4 Times the BTUH and mine will pull the temperature down to 76-F with outdoor Heat Index at

104-F.

Check my pages & use a thermometer to get all the needed readings. Post the data. There may be some useful clues in that test data. Do the outdoor condenser Temp-Split, it can also be helpful. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

All depends on how many kw of heat strips are firing up along with the A/C...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Despite what you might like to think, your post is not appropriate to the group alt.hvac...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Save a bundle, shut it clear off...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

The power companies website (Progress Energy, NC) says there's a 10% increase in cooling costs per degree above a 78 deg setting.

Reply to
carie_r

What specifically do I ask him tomorrow? (Types of HVAC certifications?) He is being sent by the landlord, which I don't pay for.

Reply to
carie_r

above??

Reply to
CJT

The description of the group on Google is "Heating, venting and air conditioning." That's what this post is about.

I went and browsed the group and read some relevant threads. There is no FAQ or charter that was voted on. There are a few people there that are unhappy that sci.engr.heat-vent-ac didn't get popular... which may be what this is about. The overwhelming response in the threads is that alt.hvac is public, and for general discussion.

To anybody else replying to this guys post, note he added a "follow-up to:" header to alt.fucktard, and your newsreader may send it there and not to the relevant groups. Posting via Google will do that, so just replace alt.fucktard with "alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal- living,alt.hvac" This guy is talking about netiquette, and this says a lot about his post.

Reply to
carie_r

Well, I thought if I knew the name of a couple certifications I could mention them. Just searched Google - found EPA Section 608 Certification, NEMI - TABB certification, NATE, and HVAC Excellence.

Reply to
carie_r

Just searched Google - found EPA Section 608 Certification, NEMI - TABB certification, NATE, and HVAC Excellence.

Comments?

Reply to
carie_r

I'd sure hope so!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

A $320 electric bill, ya think????

Reply to
<kjpro

Outside coil froze up too my ass!

Reply to
<kjpro

Good luck with that!!! LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Yeah, you&#39;re not footing the bill.

Reply to
<kjpro

So set it at 88 (100% savings) on a hot 105 degree day and it should cost you nothing!!!! LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

If he&#39;s not certified, and if the temperature coming out the vent is not at least 15 degrees less than the ambient temperature, then I&#39;m going to send a letter to the landlord. The landlord is required to keep the A/C in working order, and I&#39;m not responsible for outragous electric bills if they won&#39;t fix it.

Reply to
carie_r

Then by all means, get the ball a rollin.

But that doesn&#39;t require you to figure out who to call to repair the system!

Reply to
<kjpro

Suck my dick.

Reply to