A/C in my garage is making a dripping sound... water coming out from the drain

I have my A/C unit thats in my garage making a loud dripping sound when the A/C is running. Is this because something is clogged? There is a drain line in my garage and a bit of water is coming out from it but nothing too much. What can I do to fix this?

I'm not very home technical so could use the help. Also is this causing damage to my A/C and is something I can do myself or do I need to call an AC repair guy?

Reply to
Dhiman

It sounds normal to me. A/C's generally will dehumidify so unless you live in a very dry area, it will be taking water out of the air. That water has to go somewhere so it drips into the drain.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The drain line is probably plugged with something. A quick fix is to put a wet vac nozzle on the end of the drain and suck the obstruction out. Chances are your coils need to be cleaned, but you can schedule that at your convenience.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell