A bit OT: Best casters to use on night table

Hi all, I'm going to be buying a new nightstand that I plan on fitting with casters (I use a wheelchair for mobility and need to be able to move the table out of the way easily, the floor is linoleum). One of the tables I'm considering is listed at http://www.mybobs.com/Balboa.aspx . The legs on that table are 2" x 2" wide. I was checking out casters at http://www.castercity.com/hardwood-floor-furniture-casters.htm and believe the best stem to use would be the grip neck stem, model MS-2719, listed under casters for wood furniture. Does that look like it will do the job? My concern is, after drilling the hole and inserting the stem and casters, would the 2 inch legs on the table be able to handle the lateral load should table be pushed into an obstacle, such as a power cord or coaxial TV cable?
Another nightstand I was considering is listed at http://www.mybobs.com/Summit.aspx on which I'd use the inside corner bracket to mount the casters. Out of the two tables/casters listed, is there one that's more sturdy than the other or are they both about the same?
Also, do the polymer and felt furniture feet like the ones listed at http://www.levelingmounts.com/?gclid=CJ-56aT5ip0CFeRL5Qod4Vck2A work as advertised, i.e. the commercial showing two people easily pushing a fully loaded entertainment center?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

I prepared a table for my wife to use with her laptop in our bedroom. Instead of using casters I used what I belive is called glides, Its a puck of slick plastic. This allows the table to easily be moved but maintains enough resistance to movemment to be stable. I t als o di not add any signicant amount of hieght to the table
Flooring here is wood.
Jimmie

I believe that a 2" diameter /per side foot should be able to be drilled for a caster without weakening it too much. I have done a similar thing to a coffee table that I have in a Colorado condo that needs to be moved whenever the living room sofa is opened to make a queen-sized bed..
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:08:55 -0400, Daniel G.

I don't have a lot of experience, but I think so.
But I'm posting to recommend the casters that look like one big sphere on the bottom, with the rolling part, the part that hits the floor at an angle. To recommend against the casters that have a wheel that is on a bracket almost entirely on one side of the stem, the style they've had for 50 years. The first kind seem able to change direction more easily. That is, when the thing was pushed one way, and later you have to push it another direction.
P&M

mm wrote:

on brass-plated pockets that the legs fit into, like commonly seen in hotel and old commercial wood furniture. Anybody know a source for those?
Problem with snap-in casters on wood furniture is, that unless the legs are hardwood with the appropriate grain, the sideways torque tends to split the leg. May not be an issue for a use like this, but I used to see it on commercial wood furniture at the auctions all the time.
-- aem sends...

I have seen this happen to, I used to do volunteer work in a nursing home. The repair was to glue the wood back together and install a couple of finishing screws to help hold it together. This led to the idea of fixing them before they broke so we just installed the screws.and didn't have anymore to break.
Jimmie