a 50cc scooter

Page 2 of 2

Virtually all states have those requirements, as well as virtually all of Canada (and the rest of the "civilized world"

Maryland didn't require the light on when the wipers were on, and I thought it was important.
Kept meaning to write my state reps.
Never did.
They introduced and passed it anyhow.
Then I found when there was enough light afaict and light rain, I often forgot.
That's the one good thing abou tthe Toyota, which I bought soon after.

Maryland din't have

I think my first motorcycle was a 1971. It ran with light on. I think the dimmer switch was mounted right on top of the headlight. I thought daytime running lights were going to be required here in the U.S. too. I had a company pickup with DRL. 96 GMC maybe. I don't know if fuel mileage requirements put a stop to it but that pickup was the only one I've had with them.

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:55:44 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"

Fuel mileage and DRLs????
I defy anyone to measure the difference with or without.
On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 10:31:05 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wro te:

I agree but I once had the ?pleasure? of riding with a taxi driver who thou gh it saved gas. From Ankara to Samsun Turkey in in the middle of the nigh t over poor roads with no lights except for when opposing traffic came by. Was on a change of station and airline "fly and die with THY" dumped us off in Ankara.
Harry K
On 12/08/2015 05:38 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

You wouldn't believe how many people fail to notice a bright red Volvo White with 40 tons behind it that's getting ready to turn them into roadkill.
Micky,
The scooter does not belong to this kid. Before you spend a lot of time and money fixing the scooter find the owner and get ownership of it. Finding something does not make it yours once you reach the age of 10 If you can not find the VIN you may e-mail the manufacturer or their US dealership. They'll know where the VINs are located.
Dave M.
On 12/7/2015 6:44 AM, David L. Martel wrote:

From < it appears "Micky" can't decide whether HE found the scooter:
"I found a small, gasoline-power scooter in the woods near my house I called the police, and a car came prettyi quickly, and because it doesn't have a VIN, the patroleman wasn't interested. i said, "Well, even if doesn't have a VIN, I would think the owners want it back." But he said if I didn't want it, they'd take it to a yard where it woudl sit for months and if it didn't run, they'd junk it.
It doesn't run."
or, if the neighborhood *kid* found it:
"A neighbor kid found a scooter, a mini-bike, in the woods. He called the police to report it, but and a patrol car came out soon after, but the cop said that since it didn't have a VIN, they weren't really interested, implied he could have it, and left without it. I offered to help him fix it up."
I'm waiting for the THIRD version of the story (i.e., maybe the COP found it??)
Or, maybe it's all a dream and there is NO scooter...
On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 10:59:35 -0700, Don Y

Good point. There are some other reasons to think it's abandoned, but I'll look into it further.

It's a question on a take-home test I'm taking and I was hoping you all would give me the answers.
If you must know, the OP in this thread was written almost a month before I posted anything here about the scooter. Googling for info I found webforums for motorcycles and scooters specifically, so I asked the questions there. They probably do know more than the people here, but webforums are so darn inconvenient, compared to newsgroups, I didn't go back. By the time I posted here, the kid's parents had decided it was too dangerous for him and too expensive to fix. About $100 for parts, not counting body parts, if they can be found. So I left him out of the post to shorten it.
Thanks, both of you.
On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 12:32:51 AM UTC-8, Micky wrote:

A few seconds with a channel lock pliers. Twist the top off and then the "inards" unscrew like a normal gas cap.
Harry K