GE water softener leaking

I have a GE model GXSF27B water softener which is leaking at the plastic connector between the water softener OUT and the plastic bypass valve. The connector is a plastic slip fitting which is sealed by an O-ring and secured by a plastic clip. I have replaced the O-ring and the plastic clip with new parts and there is no change.

Anybody had this problem?

Any fixes?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Mr_Bill

you might try cutting a half inch of the tubing to give you a clean undistorted end.

Reply to
beecrofter

Bill,

I had a similar leak on my Kenmore Softener with the same bypass valve and o-rings. Like you, I first replaced the o-ring with no satisfaction. I finally replaced the bypass valve and body part that the valve inserts into. That did the trick. I think my pushing and shoving the unit around to get better alignment deformed the soft nylon. Unfortunately the parts cost a few bucks but the softener is not leaking any longer.

Chris

Reply to
saychris2

Hello, I have a Kenmore Ultrasoft 425. Water is leaking from the bypass. I cant seem to find a manual online to assist with taking it apart. I dont want to make it worse than it is. Anyone know where I can find a manual?

Thanks, Rios

Reply to
frwyptrl

I had a leak that looked like it was coming from the connecting ring holding valve body to the smaller tank and it turned out to be a very very very fine hole in the valve body where it curves up to the in/out area of the body. It was just a mist but it is leaking about 6 gal in a 24 hour period. I am now trying to find a sealant to plug the hole. JB weld quik stik isn't doing it. I had pulled it apart checked cleaned o-ring and reclamped it applied the water pressure and water was still coming out what appeared to be from top of the o-ring and clamp, so you may want to look a little harder as to exactly where the water is coming from.

If you know of any sealants let me know. Good luck. BillB

Reply to
billbonenberger

Rios, You can find an owner' manual at Kenmorewater.com, go to customer assistance, click on manuals, find your model number.

Cherokee

Reply to
Cherokee

I am experiencing the same problem. My problem started about 4 weeks ago. I have replaced the O-rings, checked the plumbing to make sure the piping is not pushing down on the joint and checked to make sure the water softener and piping is aligned. (My problem started after the water softener ran out of salt). I figured it may have moved a little so I tried to make sure that is was aligned with the piping. None of this has helped. I also tried to put a couple of wraps of teflon tape in the groove where the O-ring sets with the O-ring on top. This made the joint tighter, but it still leaks.

Looking for answers.

,__o _-\_

Reply to
treecrab