Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Big Brother is watching us on Facebook
I mentioned one of my crowns fell out on Facebook yesterday and today I'm getting "affordable dentist" ads on Facebook. I find that a little creepy.
24
24

More bypass sliding door Q's?
Some day this house reno will be complete!!! I've run into a problem with mounting some 36" x 1 1/4" sliding closet doors. Using the original track the front door will not clear the back door (adj...
3
3

Sewer vent question
My main bathroom started smelling like urine a couple of days ago so I went on the roof and flushed out the sewer vent (w/o a bladder) with the garden hose but it still smells. I've tried disinfecting...
15
15

Stone patio in sloping backyard
Looking from the inside of our house to the backyard, it slopes from left to right and slightly back towards the street. We want to build a leveled stone patio, only slightly sloped for drainage....
3
3

ZXE Trading Post
I just want to say thanks to ZXE Trading Post; I was very pleased with how = efficient my exchange was handled and that I enjoy dealing with a company t= hat values my opinion and is so easy to work...

Refrigator water intake tube repair
My fridge is leaking water as it takes water for the icebox machine. I've located the problem and it is a hair-thin hole on a plastic water intake tube. It leaks only when the icebox is taking water -...
12
12

OT, Perhaps, Sausage Complaint
A real Texan tells it like it is. ^_^ A complaint call made to the Jimmy Dean Sausage 1-800 number
5
5

How to find out what company made your product
Some time ago a poster asked who made the drywall he's bought. I went onto GS1 and found out who it was. At the time I thought you needed to be logged in to get access to the database, but it turns...
10
10

Copper Line Pressure Reg Replacement
Previously, I installed a pressure regulator in a copper water line. The PR is giving me problems and I need to take it out and fix or replace it. I undid the union and prepared to remove the body of...
13
13

Tips for moving stuff by vehicle
From Popular Mechanics:

Electrical Yard Equipment
We have a weed eater and leaf blower -- electrical. Last year I bought new extension cords that are made for out door equipment. They aren't old -- but the socket part no longer fits with the cords on...
5
5

Toro mowers
I was given a Toro mower yesterday, saying that it needed a carb kit. I am familiar with working on these. I have not touched it yet. What is everyone's opinion of Toro mowers and their equipment? I...
15
15

OT Power Point
harry wrote in news:aaaf6359-938c-4b7a-aada- You need to start with smaller images. By smaller, I mean the file-size of each picture needs to be made smaller. Each picture will add to the size of the...
15
15

OT. Cat fight.
That was really weird. I guess the white cat was too close to a nest, but having the black one show up was unfortunate timing.
1
1

(OT) What are those Square Smart phone things?
Everywhere I look lately I see these square boxes that are filled with a bunch of dots and three of the corners have small boxes in them. I had no idea what they were until eating at Taco Bell, and...
26
26