Subject Author Posted Replies

Why do battery charger clips vibrate
If I have a very dead car battery, and put on my battery charger, the clips vibrate when they are on the battery. This occurs on both my 6 amp and 10 amp charger. At the same time, the meters are...
5
5

Warning for Fathers
With father's day coming soon, here is a warning for fathers. If your son asks for a Transformer for his birthday or christmas, DO NOT give him one of these: he wants is some ugly overpriced plastic...
1
1

Anyone heard of Emerson/White Rodgers "Cool Savings" feature on their thermostats?
I have an Emerson thermostat that claims to have a feature called cool savings... I tried to Google this feature and Emerson says its designed to adjust the programmed set point temperature during...
7
7

OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve
the new Blue Rhino valves are designed so other suppliers can't fill the tanks. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I had posted this information on the Appliances forum in a thread about...
41
41

So I Got My Steering Wheel Turning Knob
This was for the garden tractor because they're illegal for on road vehicles. Got it off the Internet and couldn't really see its dimensions. How in hell can it fit on any steering wheel? It comes...
29
29

Trex or ???
My pressure treated deck is in need of stain and possibly a couple of boards replaced. I'm thinking of putting on new boards instead. The Trex looks OK, but are there other brands better? Other...
11
11

GFCI Outlets Question
Hello, Have the typical Leviton GFCI dual outlets (as sold by ACE Hardware) around our house. One has the electric garage door opener plugged into it. It has recently tripped, but on pushing back in...
11
11

Driveway Seal Coating Questions ?
Hello, Had our driveway re-paved last Summer. Live outside of Boston. How "necessary", or good an idea, is it to have it "seal-coated" now ? Do most folks have it done ? If so, is the coating applied...
11
11

OT gun silencers
OT Are gun silencers on pistols really as effective as they show in the movies? What about the breech? Does a lot of the noise come from there? And what about the muzzle? Doesn't the bullet make a...
44
44

Which Door is Better
A steel or a fiberglass door? Thanks. Kate
14
14

Vinyl siding vs. mold...
Hello all - Why is it that houses with vinyl siding seem to get buildups of algae or mold on the vinyl? I don't see the problem with wood or aluminum siding. This old house I'm in (1911) still has its...
13
13

OT - Just keep backing the RV, honey!
Yes, I did that one at Lazy Days Rally Park near Tampa, FL. I keyed over him and said "Keep coming back, Honey, Keep on coming, Come on." When I un-Keyed he was SCREAMING "NO! STOP! STOP! STOP!" I...

Deck Stain Issue
While building our new home ourselves, it looks like we made an error in selecting deck stain. In spite of good success with Olympic several years earlier, we let ourselves be convinced that Sherwin...
1
1

Ideas for cleaning white scale from exterior door glass?
I've come across a circa 1965 wood door with four large glass inserts. This is an exterior entry door to a garage and the glass has what appears to be a white-ish scale on the lower exterior sides....
2
2

[Indoor] Outdoor thermometer - sensor placement location...
I live in Las Vegas, and I can't seem to find a good spot for my remote thermometer sensor. The summer is the hard one. Keeping the sensor out of direct sun, and also out of a hot spot, is difficult....
31
31