Subject Author Posted Replies

Copper or?
Putting in fridge ice maker line. Only big thing I see is not use plastic. Would you use braided line or copper? Same with a dishwasher line. Thanks
12
12

PVC pipe
Hello, A friend of mine is creating a game and he is looking for 2 inch schedule 4= 0 PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. = Does anyone know how we might purchase...
13
13

What oil should I use?
What kind of oil should I use? I have an old fan that looks like it came off of some factory machinery. I've had it for 30 years, but I think it's 50 to 90 years old. ?? It still looks original....
17
17

Cutting Beech Tree
I cut down two trees in the sheep pasture back in January, an oak and a bee= ch, and finally got around to sawing them into firewood logs this weekend. = It seemed to me that the beech wood was much...
9
9

type of paint for sheet rock in bachrooms
We had the sheet rock in bathrooms repainted. The painter said that he used a flat Glidden paint "for bathrooms". I googled for this but didn't find it. This website: to use a semi-gloss for...
16
16

home surveillance cameras
Asking for recommendations for a video camera/recorder system for home security. Costco sells several "Q-See" brand packages, but I'm a little skeptical about the quality, based on the price. I'd...
16
16

Bug-A-Salt shotgun for killing flies
"Deep in the DNA of man lies the killer instinct." A shotgun for killing flies. http://dvice.com/archives/2012/07/salt-shooting-s.php
8
8

OT: Is RS-232 ever coming back?
The wall wort for my router died this morning. While I was looking for a replacement in my stash of 30+ wall worts that have piled up over the years, I had to sift through a bunch of RS-232 related...
40
40

Repairing a crumbling brick arch
A local brick mason should advise you.
2
2

Woodpeckers And Siding ?
Hi, Any hints for keeping woodpeckers (type unknown) from pecking on wood siding ? Have the normal horiz. clapboards. Painted. Live in New England. Thanks, Bob
5
5

OT? Why do fans always start out on high?
Why do the vast majority of variable speed fans start out on high? Just about every fan I've used that has 3 speeds - window, ceiling, floor, etc. - all go from Off to High to Medium to Slow. The...
7
7

Insulate an attic.
I am not from that area so I don't know how homes like yours are typically constructed. Is there any kind of access panel to at least let you see into the attic to see what's there -- maybe in a...
4
4

Any experience with home blood pressure cuff
My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff. Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it. I don't know anything about them. Anyone here have experience with home blood...
46
46

park bench for my yard
I wanted to get a two-seat park bench for my yard, but I don't want the legs to sink into the ground, and I want it to last a long time. 1) I don't have patio space to put it and don't want to make...
14
14

Dont know the extension cord value
I came across an extension cord that the previous owner left in the shed. I= looked for any writing of the size of this cord...there is absolutely none= . Is there a way to check the gauge of it? It...
38
38