Subject Author Posted Replies

Tile repair
I had a porcelain tile crack in the kitchen. In the process of removing the tile, another popped. Now I have 2 tiles I need to put back. The back of the tiles are both free of any mortar. My question...
7
7

How to glue rubber to steel
I have a very old, but lovable children's table and chair set. The table and the chairs have heavy metal legs, which look like steel and appear to be solid (not tubes). Each one has a little white cap...
26
26

Roundup Concentrate
I purchased a 16 oz. bottle of Roundup Concentrate and I am wondering if I should dilute it with water. I read the label and can find no mention of mixing with water. Anybody? Thanks, CJ
22
22

horizontal ceiling fan?
I bought a 20" Lasco box fan because the store said it would move 2500 cfm for 80W. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. According to my measurements, it moves about 1000 cfm for 91W....
10
10

How do you turn OFF the lights on a kid's sneaker? (2023 Update)
My middle-school kid is embarrassed by the lights on the sneakers him mom bought him for the start of school. See picture here: told my boy that I'd 'fix' it. Now I need YOUR help! How do you turn OFF...
79
79

How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?
Today I tried drilling a hole in the guardrail - but the drill bit wouldn't make a dent. See picture here: would you use to drill a hole suitable for mounting a garbage can where there is no...
131
131

Trinitron 100HD Pool Filter Leak
I have a Trinitron 100HD Pool filter for my in ground pool. The filter is leaking outside around the filter bulkhead at the return pipe. It looks like an o-ring or gasket has blown out. Does this have...

double glazing replacement
Hello, can you help me with my head scratching problem. I am trying to replace my rear upvc door window with a blank pannel so i can fit a dog flap.. i have come accross glass locks holding my...
4
4

Why is electric cord thicker than it used to be, and do they make little switches for thick cord.
Why is electric cord thicker than it used to be, and do they make little roller switches for thick cord? The first question is philosophical and the second is practical. Lamp cords and fan cords etc....
23
23

How projects really work
This cartoon has been around a long time: or DIY has one drawback. One has to blame the man in the mirror if/when he has to go to plan 45C. Justin Hourigan http://tiny.cc/6dkxjw
2
2

I see this kind of problem all the time.
I see this kind of problem all the time when I work on almost anything. This is what happens when you have engineers graduate without ever holding a screwdriver in their hands.
9
9

Wood deck questions/advice
I have a pressure treated deck which wraps around 3 sides of the house. The builder of the house/deck put the floorboards tight together because "they will shrink." Well, now I am ready to...
10
10

Paint Raised-Panel Door -- Brush(es), roller(s), pad(s), spray?
Have to paint some pre-primed 6-panel doors. I could take them outside and spray them, but would using some other method be preferable? Perce
2
2

Chinese Investment in the USA
"Norman Bates" wrote It is actually GOOD to be "owned by the Chinese". Why? It means that the Chinese have more faith in our economy than they do in their own or that of other countries. It also means...
2
2

Window Replacement
Current windows are nearly 60 years old Wood frame with single pane glass Aluminum storm windows I would like to upgrade all my windows One particular problem Bad weather, rain, snow, sleet, etc is...
53
53