Subject Author Posted Replies

Power Cord Warning
(Preface) This morning I decided to do a little woodworking in my garage th at is attached to the house but only connected to the house on one side wal l. At -6F outside and 32.5F in the garage this...
21
21

single gang boxes
I recently wall mounted our bedroom TV. Naturally, that left both the AC cord and data cable hanging down the wall. That was totally unacceptable so I put a new box up high behind the TV, put the...
9
9

Walk-in-tub
I am looking for information on the pros and cons of getting a walk in tub. I have 3 Companies coming by next week and I need to know what to look for and what questions to ask. I know that they take...
19
19

Irritating bad smell from kitchen disposal
My kitchen disposal is giving off this bad musty odor. And it's murder on my sinuses. Every time I go near that thing, my nose stuffs up. I know the odor is coming out of there, because if I cover the...
19
19

Home insulation failure
I thought my bedroom felt a bit colder than the rest of the house. I figured it's cause it's the farthest from the furnace, and only has one heat register. Second factor might be insulation failure. I...
7
7

Harbor Freight difficult choice
I can get another battery for my impact driver for $14.99 Or, I can get a cordless drill with a charger and battery for 16.99 So, dear Miss Manners, which is the better deal?
24
24

Cant remove ceiling fan canopy
Want to replace a ceiling fan which has a remote control. I unscrewed the three (on this model, there are only three) screws at the top of the canopy. It twists an inch to each side, but won't come...
27
27

OT: Get cable w/o cable? (long)
OK, weird question. Read on: I just got rid of Verizon cable partly because it was getting more expensiv e every year and partly because I watch maybe 10 channels out of the 500+ ( ?)channels of...
17
17

OT: invisibly interned or enslaved
Tea-bagger Rand Paul (on a Fox News broadcast) recently equated the sorry state of affairs for the water-carriers of Tea Party ideas (with the majority-based government, including its elected Chief...
2
2

Urinal Drain Capacity
Am I correct in assuming that the drain of a urinal equipped with a Sloan "sensor activated Flushometer" valve should be able to accept that valve failing in the open position and handle the full...
14
14

Harbor Freight 68853
I just got one of these impact drivers. A fellow I used to work for really loved his Panasonic brand one of these. I borrowed a similar one for a couple jobs I did, and it seemed to help. Compared to...
3
3

Propane prices?
I usually contract our heating propane (850 gal.) and have normally came out on top. Well, this past fall they wanted $1.699/gal. to contract and at that time it was only $1.499 off the truck so I...
24
24

Garbage disposal switch advice
Installing under-sink garbage disposer in daughters old (1912) home. Runni ng a new 20 amp circuit from down below (basement)is no problem. Placing a switch is a problem. Her back splash is ceramic...
39
39

LP Heaters
Presently I have a wall-mounted, open-flame LP heater for supplemental heat in my upstairs bedroom. The upstairs is just the bedroom and the bathroom. Combined, they are about 700 square feet. They...
6
6

Humidifier and vapor question
In my three bedroom trailer, I've got a floor model humidifier. I have to feed it at least two gal of water d ay, to keep the indoor air comfortable. Maybe even more than that. From my old fire...
66
66