Subject Author Posted Replies

Building an exterrior door.
My wife is wanting a stained front door. How hard would it be to build a nice wood front door as well as a new front jam/casing? How would you hang a door in a casing you made yourself? It seems I...
6
6

Fix Bumpy Paint On Door
Hi All, I painted a door with semigloss paint after stripping and sanding both sides smooth, then priming. One newly painted side looks good and smooth, but the other side looks really bumpy. I used...
4
4

Windowsill Marble or Granite?
I'm remodeling the downstairs bathroom. I have a raised ranch and on the lower level at the foundation top we have a very wide windowsill, about 8" or so. The walls will be porcelain tile up to about...
21
21

Concrete Patio next to house foundation
I live in Colorado where it is hot and dry in summer and very cold and dry in winter. I hired a contractor to pour a concrete patio next to my house. He poured the concrete all the way to touch the...
4
4

wood flooring (making your own)
I have contemplated making my own for some hardwood in the house. I have a sawmill near by that seels kiln dried lumber. I can probably buy a router b it and tongue and groove it, however I am...
9
9

Side Exhaust AC and Venting deck panels for AC
I have a rental townhouse where I need to install A/C. First let me say that the AC unit MUST go under the deck. All of the housing units with A/C, except one, have it under the deck. It will be a...
3
3

Trimming 2-4 inch tree branches
Hidee friends and neighbors, I need to whack off (sorry ladies) some 2-4 inch diameter limbs that are 8-12 feet off the ground. Awhile back I picked up a chain-saw-on-a-stick at Harbor Freight, took...
11
11

Fake Wooden Shakes
Can anyone recommend a replacement for wood shakes or shingles with a similar appearance -- and don't break the bank?
6
6

bathroom smells like plaster after shower
After a shower, the bathroom smells like wet plaster. Any ideas?
2
2

Windows BMW dealer software cable for programming Bimmers
Calia wrote, on Sat, 03 May 2014 01:33:28 +0000: Your application is pretty standard for BMW owners. However, most older bimmer and even the beemer owners actually used the Windows XP *serial port*...
8
8

Oil for chain saw
I bought a chain saw over a year ago and never had a chance to use till now . I reread the manual and it says to check the oil. I did with a 'dip stick ", lol and its seems dry. Would oil disapate...
20
20

No suction on pool pump.
Came home from a trip and of course the pool was a disaster. My wife poured in way too much phosphate remover (I use the highly concentrated Orenda PR10000) which turns the water milky and coats the...
1
1

Wooden Deck Coatings ?
Hello, Have an older wooden Deck, the surface of which is pretty splintered and not too smooth anymore. But the wood itself, seems good; just a miserable surface now. I've seen several ads now for...

China is 3D-Printing Tiny Houses for $5,000 Each
I think I've posted about 3D printed homes before but those experiments were in Europe and different materials were used. The 3D printed homes in China are using a concrete mix. Very cool! ^_^ TDD
4
4

OK, Add This To Your Bucket List
There are things you see that make you want to die. I found one. ^_^ TDD Malware Protection & Internet Security | ESET http://pizzagamechangers.com/pizzacake