Subject Author Posted Replies

Newish sink strainer leaking ???
Last summer we remodeled our kitchen. The sink is double basin stainless steel with Kholer nickle plated brass baskets. They came with strainers with o-rings in them. Over use the o-rings streatched...
2
2

How To Cover Romex in the Attic
I have unfinished attic space that I used for storage. I have a plywood fl oor up there, and there's romex running along the floor. I want to protect the romex from people walking on it / stuff...
7
7

Bug catcher that looked like a clear plastic pair of scissors, where to buy?
They may not be that old fashioned, but I haven't seen any around lately. In a search, I see all the new fangled ones that cost $15-20 and up, which seems ridiculously high. The one I'm looking for is...
4
4

OT kerosene lantern?
It's not a Coleman but it's a mantle propane lamp I use when I want more than spot lighting. I don't know how the economics stack up against the Coleman liquid fuel lanterns. Propane is as quiet as a...
27
27

Killing Driveway Moss / Algae ?
Hello, Live outside of Boston. Driveway (Asphalt) is heavily covered with Green Moss (or is it Algae, or...) which is very hard to remove. Scraping (just too hard, and too much of) does remove it, but...
6
6

Cordless Phone Ringer-Off & Flashing Setup Problem (Panasonic)
Hello, Sr. Citizen, very, now, so please bear with me a bit. I will try to explain my Ringer/Flasher problems as best I can. Have received a 1 yr old Digital Panasonic Cordless Phone System that I am...
7
7

OT -- controversial NYC street interaction program
Privacy advocates in uproar about the new program. Said to reduce crime.
2
2

Here's what (probably) happened to Higgs re avast
1. She buys avast 2. She avails herself of their free phone help 3. That phone help was handled by a third party company called iYogi based in India 4. iYogo peddled her a wonder package. Avast has...
32
32

motor wiring
I have a GE dual voltage motor. 5kc67bb380cx 3450 rpm. t-board has 5 1 blue wire 2 3 red wire 4 white (yellow?) any ideas were the line wires go? Which are tied togeather for ccw rotation?
3
3

Cutting Pyrex
My wife just bought some new pyrex baking pans , and the one we want to use is just a hair too long to close the oven door on - this is a small oven in a camper . My question is can I cut the little...
7
7

now that 100w bulbs are gone, what are folks putting in the pump house?
Now that we can't get 100 watt bulbs, what are folks planning to use to heat the pump or well house?
35
35

What do you think.
A friend who has been looking hs been offered a job. His role is to gve out gift cards, that start at 300l doolars but also go higher if people have a more expansive hom. For every card he hands out...
76
76

OT - Know how to prepare your personal income taxes the smart way
Doubtful. A couple of years I got a letter from the IRS telling me I'd missed some deduction or credit and they were sending me a couple of hundred bucks back. I'm a little cavalier with the tax...
6
6

Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.
that's what happens when you use a cheap vacuum
3
3

OT - Sales and marketing call
India sounding voice on the phone. "Hell this is from Morris Electric. I wonder if you can help me? "I rather doubt it. Have you considered calling suicide prevention, or a psychiatrist?" Pardon me?...
8
8