Subject Author Posted Replies

what type of glue for scale lining?
I have a digital scale (the kind you weigh your self on). The footprint lining is curling up on the edges. I keep it in the bathroom, so I gather some of the humidity caused to the glue to disappear....
7
7

fix broken PVC pipe
Compression. Sounds like it takes a lot of strength. Or air pressure.
31
31

Dirty hot water
Odd thing happened yesterday. Preceding it, I noticed the kitchen sink faucet was leaking a little so did what I've successfully done in the past - turning each faucet on and off firmly about 50...
9
9

One House Town
Article about Whittier, Alaska from CNN: A fourteen story building is pretty much the town. "It soars skyward, rudely interrupting the surrounding National Geographic landscape of glaciers and Prince...

50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.
I've done that sort of thing when I found myself in a very dark room and thought I could navigate by memory. I had to choose between a luminous compass and a headlamp. I chose the headlamp.
55
55

Constitution Free Zone
Any one living there? Scary stuff. I just learned about it.
23
23

OT Windows 10
Well, that is *your* experience. And you are talking about Verizon, not AT&T. I paid $100 for my iPhone 4s plus the $18 upgrade fee. Before that I got a Samsung Sunburst for free and there should have...
205
205

OT London at Sunset
Some of you may know that a book written 50 years ago by Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchan, has been found recently and just been pubished.. And others may have heard of the new book by Dr. Seuss, written...
2
2

Roundup: Should It Kill Poison Ivy?
It's been about five days since I first sprayed some poison ivy with Roundup - with a touch up application yesterday. I'm not seeing any signs of distress in the stuff. OTOH, 3 days on crab grass and...
57
57

A GREAT Customer Experience
My wife and I just had such a great customer experience I had to post it. Disclaimer - Neither my wife nor I are affiliated with Century Tile in any way. My wife and I went to buy new floor covering...
1
1

Reinstalling Hollywood Strip Bathroom Light Fixture
So i removed my old hollywood-style bathroom light fixture in preparation to put in a new one. However, decided not to go with the new one and tried to reinstall the hollywood light fixture with no...
5
5

Garbage Disposal Stuck
When I turn it on, the motor coil hums but doesn't spin. In the past something had fallen into it and I could remove it by hand or work it loose with a wooden dowel. Not budging this time. Drain flows...
7
7

Pool pump update
Rained last night big time so the pump went out again. Followed the suggestions of Trader (via Oren) and disconnected the pump from the load side. Turned on the pump and the ground fault did not trip....
3
3

OT. Jeep fuel tanks
Fiat-Chrysler is recalling some Jeeps. The 93-98 Grand Cherokee and the 2002-2007 Liberty. They met safety standards when built. From Autoblog: My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires and the...
4
4

OT Bank relaxes security. Acceptable?
OT Bank relaxes security. Acceptable? Is there a good newsgroup for internet security (not involving viruses or malware)? Until then, this is what I got when I logged into my bank account just now to...
70
70