Subject Author Posted Replies

Check Your Emissions Warranty Prior to Paying for Repairs at an Independent Shop
I got my DMV registration renewal in the mail and was going to take the vehicle to a smog check station. I always scan the codes via the OBD-II port first. One oxygen sensor was throwing a code, and...
8
8

ants
Ants are in the bathroom and a few in the kitchen. What do they want in the bathroom? There aren't any turd or pee around so it is a mystery. Anyone know about this?
17
17

off topic: new car advice for senior
Sorry for off topic ------------------- Hi A friend of mine who is a senior citizen and want to buy a new car to repla ce her standard old car. She is very good driver with very clean driving hi...
351
351

Cast Iron Tablesaw...
mine is in an unheated garage...what is a good rust protector? (Stormy never responds to me...so I won't hear about WD-40!) Thanks!
11
11

Remodel/New work recessed light: accessible junction box?
I know the NEC prohibits burying an electrical junction box behind a wall. I always wondered about remodel/new work recessed lights. They have a junction box connected to their frame; but once...
1
1

Exterior wood door rotten at bottom
The side door of my garage is a 32 x 80 wood door, and there's no storm door to protect it from the weather. So the bottom has rotted out, and in one picture you can see some ripples in the upper part...
19
19

OT: Volkswagen
I'm *really* at a loss for how this sort of thing can happen. I mean, every car you make with this "hack" in it is a potential WITNESS for the prosecution -- IN PERPETUITY! It's not like you can make...
59
59

Mormon kitchen sink
Guess this is as good a day as any to mention my latest home repair, the kitchen sink. Sunday, I was washing my dinner dishes, and the sink is draining very slowly. It's been doing that for about...
33
33

Temp faucet repair
Dual o-ring bathroom faucet Disassembled. Wiped dry then wrapped Teflon tape around the stem. Reassembled and no leak. Will need to pick up some 1/2" o-rings next time I go near the plumbing...
8
8

DISH network tip.
If you have the service agreement, never admit you tried to fix anything. I had two flaky remotes and I tried to fix one of them by cleaning the board and pads. Bear in mind these are not returnable...
103
103

Front load Samsung drum stuck
Just had something sucked through the lint screen hole (saw after the screen was out). Now the drum wont turn at all. Is there something I can do besides call the repair guy?

OT. No more VW diesel sales
VW is stopping sales of the cars with the illegal emission controls. From the New York Times: VW sold about 7,400 of them in August or about 23% of their sales. Total U.S. vehicle sales, all makes,...

[OT] Pink RV antifreeze in car radiator
I've got some pink RV water line anti freeze. Says not to use in auto radiator / cooling system. Anyone know why this is? I did a web search. One site says it eats aluminum, another says no additives....
28
28

Replacement tool "handles"/cushions
Hi, We have a number of tools (typically yard/garden) that have soft, black neoprene-like "cushioned grips" for handles. Pole saws, trimmers, etc. These black cushions are sort of like a foam...
6
6

Charity Mailing Lists: How Built/Maintained?
Does anybody have firsthand inside experience in the charity industry? Specifically, I am wondering if there are one or more central databases where donors and prospective donors are tracked. From the...
10
10