$500 in free tools

Open house at a local vendor here tomorro. One of the wholesaler reps is giving $500 worth of tools to the person who comes closest to, but not going over.....
guessing how long its gonna take to cut a car in half using just a sawzall, and the reps brand 12" blade "car" consists of body shell and frame. drive shaft & trans has been pulled
any ideas?
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:50:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net scribbled this interesting note:

If its a Volkswagen Beetle not very long at all. Actually, most any car won't take long regardless of the sawzall or blade, so long as the blade stays in one piece.
Less than 15 minutes. Possibly as little as 5. If the user of the tool is familiar with how to cut a car apart, that is.
Easy.

Depends on the car. Ferguson here did something like that..Lennoxx blades did it. It was a old Toyota, and if I recall correctly, it was under 5 minutes. The roof lasted about 15 seconds...literally...if the doors are there ,and they dont cut through them, and they prob wont, all you have is the roof, and the subframe...the subframes normally nothing but rolled sheet metal, so figure a couple of minutes there. then it falls in half. id say 5 minutes, since everyone else is gonna be saying 30..20....15....etc...
The blade is going to break......
I WIN I WIN I WIN
Gimme da munny sukka !!!

They had a similar car cutting at national SkillsUSA conference last summer in Kansas City. I think it took something like 12 minutes to do the job on a crappy little Toyota.

This is Turtle.
Yea, but they got to use a new blade and not have to pick one out of the 2 litre bottle holding the blades.
TURTLE
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

One minute, 24 seconds. http://www.exhibitornet.com/exhibitormagazine/article.asp?IDr8
pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

What a pathetic piece of crap you are Paul. You have completely fucked over this group and yet you still can't control yourself. You lead one sorry existence. Here's an idea... Why don't you shut the computer off, pull your dick out of the cat and go out and get a life.
It is just so hard to believe that you are still able to entertain yourself with this childish behavior. Oh "pull your head out of your ass" That's a good one. Oscar and Vicky are going to love that one... What a sorry fuck.
If some manufacturer is doing this to promote his brand of blades, then I'd assume that the person doing the cutting will be a manufacturer's rep who has perfected this process. They certainly aren't going to make a big impression if they select somebody from the audience who takes 45 minutes to do the cutting. We're trying to impress folks with the cutting power of the manufacturer's blades.
Gideon
===============
tm wrote in message ... " snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote:

Who's doing the cutting? Does this person understand the dynamics of a sawzall and a car frame? Or is it just some chump out of the audience? Can he replace blades mid party? I figure, with proper blades and a proper sawzall, i could cut any car in half in 7 minutes easy. You are taking across, not lengthwise, right? Don't know that i'd use a 12 inch blades tho.
Play safe and take the wife or girlfriend with you. Let her guess 4 minutes and you guess 6. Most others will probably guess far outside that range. Or go with a buddy or two and straddle a reasonable range of values such as I suggested above, and then split the $500 worth of tools among you. Hopefully the $500 worth of tools isn't a lifetime supply of the reps brand of blades, delivered one or two per month for life. :)
Let us know the outcome of the demonstration and how close you come to winning.
Good luck, Gideon
======================= snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote in message ... Open house at a local vendor here tomorro. One of the wholesaler reps is giving $500 worth of tools to the person who comes closest to, but not going over.....
guessing how long its gonna take to cut a car in half using just a sawzall, and the reps brand 12" blade "car" consists of body shell and frame. drive shaft & trans has been pulled
any ideas?
Pauls only interest seems to be asking for blow jobs and spamming his spyware/software and animal crap.
Max
" snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote:

Who's doing the cutting? Does this person understand the dynamics of a sawzall and a car frame? Or is it just some chump out of the audience? Can he replace blades mid party? I figure, with proper blades and a proper sawzall, i could cut any car in half in 7 minutes easy. You are taking across, not lengthwise, right? Don't know that i'd use a 12 inch blades tho.
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:50:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

well, so much for the "inside tip" I had. Was told definately less than a minute. Hmmmm oooooooook.
Took this guy 3 mins 6 seconds. Damned if he didnt get the blade pinched when the load shifted, that last 1/2" took well over two mins.
Bottom line, there's 4 teams that travel the US, performing this stunt. Requirements are a uni-body car, it comes stripped of trans, driveline, seats, gas tank & lines, electrical, & muffler. side doors are propped open. They cut the hard top and the uni-body bottom. Cutting time runs anywhere from 46 seconds to 9 mins.

They don't get along very well lately...